Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wide Receiver Roundup

107 posts in this topic

Posted

So is the huddle still in rage at Gettleman?  IMO, I think Gman is doing an excellent job. Cant wait to see what he has in mind for the draft.  His only blemish was handling the steve smith situation but lets be realistic, it was going to be bad regardless how it went down.

8 people like this

Posted

We need some real downfield size for Cam.

This kid Martavis Bryant could be very interesting in the 3rd round if he gets there. He ran 4.42 at the combine.

http://rotobahn.com/scouting-report-martavis-bryant-wr-clemson/

Bryant would get by guys and and get fade passes thrown to him regularly...and Bryant would mostly "Drew Carter "everything....flash a huge play and drop a wide open TD.

I just do not trust the guy but that size and speed combo is hard to turn away from.

Posted

Oh stop it. Did he really PLAY a year with Brady? I'm starting to think all you like to do is complain.

Uh yea he did, see you guys like to twist things to fit your point. I'm a realist and the reality is he was on the Patriots roster and caught passes from Tom Brady.

Posted

The huddle, where pointing out facts is complaining.

Posted

Bryant would get by guys and and get fade passes thrown to him regularly...and Bryant would mostly "Drew Carter "everything....flash a huge play and drop a wide open TD.

I just do not trust the guy but that size and speed combo is hard to turn away from.

Byrant is the type of development I like to get in the 3rd after getting a more pro ready Wr in the 1st or 2nd.

Posted

I would like to add-

Cotchery had  3 drops - and was rated by PFF as the # 2 blocking wideout in the NFL last season

Avant - no drops last year - Philly fans called him a " clutch" player - and known a a stout run blocker

How many drives did we have that fizzled out after hands of stone Lafell, or Ginn and even Smitty at times dropped what should have been a completed pass by Newton?  I would rather have guys who are more reliable at making a catch than guys who can sometimes catch and get some YAC.  The fact that both these guys will probably upgrade our run game is icing on the cke.

4 people like this

Posted

The huddle, where pointing out facts is complaining.

He was thrown to 13 times by Tom Brady. That changes everything!! Lol

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

3 people like this

Posted

Uh yea he did, see you guys like to twist things to fit your point. I'm a realist and the reality is he was on the Patriots roster and caught passes from Tom Brady.

Ok Mr Realist....looking at it objectively which scenario makes the most sense?

1) a 7th round pick took time to develop into a decent prospect in a NFL position that typically takes players time to adjust to the new level and has continued to grow, develop, and improve every year.

2) in his second year Underwood was brought in primarily as a kick returner and only caught three passes from Brady so he sucks.

It's not twisting things around... It's freaking coming sense. And yes, I am guilt of possessing it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cam is coming off ankle surgery and won't be available for OTA's and will have fewer snaps in camp and possibly preseason.

Enter Joe Webb....

And when Cam returns? We only took 2 QB's into the regular season and we've met with several college prospects as well.

Posted

assboogie - where Cam's glass is always half empty.

4 people like this

Posted

Ok Mr Realist....looking at it objectively which scenario makes the list sense?

1) a 7th round pick took time to develop into a decent prospect in a NFL position that typically takes players time to adjust to the new level and has continued to grow, develop, and improve every year.

2) in his second year Underwood was brought in primarily as a kick returner and only caught three passes from Brady so he sucks.

It's not twisting things around... It's freaking coming sense. And yes, I am guilt of possessing it.

See you twists so much you don't even realize it anymore. Find a post of mine where I say Tiquan Underwood sucks. Find a post of mine where I say Tiquan Underwood is a bad signing. Zod said he never played with a legitimate QB when he in fact practiced and played with Tom Brady, which made the statement inaccurate. A more accurate statement should have ended with "outside a brief stint with Tom Brady". Because regardless of how many balls he caught the fact remains that he played with Tom Brady.

Posted

I'm really looking forward to seeing our WRs creating opportunities for Cam when he extends plays. Cotchery and Avant strike me as players who would be adept at that, especially Cotchery with all his time playing with Roethlisberger, who lives on extending plays past route completions. From what I've seen the past couple years, we've been terrible at that aspect of the game.

1 person likes this