Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wide Receiver Roundup

107 posts in this topic

Posted

What if DG's BPA is a LB or a DE?

I hope people understand BPA philosophy works with the idea of positions of need. Most team need more then 1 position. That's what parity is. So BPA for us is out of our 3 main need positions Wr's CB and OT. Imo a Wr rated highly will fall to us before Cb or OT.

Posted

I hope people understand BPA philosophy works with the idea of positions of need. Most team need more then 1 position. That's what parity is. So BPA for us is out of our 3 main need positions Wr's CB and OT. Imo a Wr rated highly will fall to us before Cb or OT.

Remember that Davis is getting older and we very well could either cut CJ after this season or not get Hardy signed long term.

As such, lb and de is not really that far fetched if a stud falls there.

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree position/need dictates the big board, but to what extent is unknown. Also, if you stack the big board primarily by need then it's not really a BPA and you still subject yourself to reaching.

Posted

Remember that Davis is getting older and we very well could either cut CJ after this season or not get Hardy signed long term.

As such, lb and de is not really that far fetched if a stud falls there.

Lb depth is ok but Gettelmen says he wants to draft players who will contribute early. So getting a LB or DE in the 1st 2nd or 3rd that won't see the field much isn't in his plan imo.

Posted

I agree position/need dictates the big board, but to what extent is unknown. Also, if you stack the big board primarily by need then it's not really a BPA and you still subject yourself to reaching.

But I don't think is much reaching when you have multiple positions of need. Every draft is strong with at least 3 positions.

Posted

I think you're underestimating King. I like him to make it over McNutt or Pilares.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Lb depth is ok but Gettelmen says he wants to draft players who will contribute early. So getting a LB or DE in the 1st 2nd or 3rd that won't see the field much isn't in his plan imo.

Fair points.

Still would not surprise me if he went off road.

Nothing in the draft ever surprises me anymore

Posted

The huddle, where pointing out facts is complaining.

Hold everything. Please stop complaining about someone else complaining. You now have me complaining about your complaining.

2 people like this

Posted

Intrigued by Underwood. Cam got Ginn that nice deal in Arizona, and I believe Underwood will have a good year with Cam as his QB. He's just gotta catch those long bombs, because Cams going to throw them.

As for the other WRs we've picked up; I like the moves. I like the moves as long as we get a WR in the 1st or 2nd rd. I'd be pretty excited with any combination of OL or WR in the 1st and 2nd rounds. Just want to see Cam and the offense as the focal point in this draft.

Posted

OH MY GOSH!!! You mean the sky isn't falling like alot of people here claimed not to long ago????

Posted

Bryant would get by guys and and get fade passes thrown to him regularly...and Bryant would mostly "Drew Carter "everything....flash a huge play and drop a wide open TD.

I just do not trust the guy but that size and speed combo is hard to turn away from.

Just don't go too early on him.  3rd round if he's there.  If he's gone, just take the next guy on the list, because he'll be good too.  So many freaking WRs this year that can play.

I'm big on Cody Latimer right now.  He'd be a good value in round 2 if he lasts that long

Posted

Is there a reason they're not looking for any field stretchers?  Avant isn't as quick as he used to be and they could really benefit from an Antonio Brown type.

Cam has the arm, defenses can stack the box and still succeed and Olsen might be the best downfield threat on the team.

It'd be easier getting a TE mid round then it would be getting another catcher earlier.  Got too many needs but if someone like ASJ slips to the 2nd when you pick you'd be smart to get him and play him as the hybrid TE/slot.

Gotta get some speed there - and maybe I just don't know enough about the youngsters but that should speak for itself.  You need a bonafide field stretcher who can take the top off and let Cam throw it deep at least twice a game.