• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#31 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

I guess most of you have forgotten what type of team this is.  This is a smash mouth football team.  Run the ball down your throat and not let you score.  The receivers carolina has brought in are possession receivers who can block for the running backs, guys who are reliable to catch the ball on 3rd down when the run attack has failed.  Granted carolina will need someone who can stretch the field and keep defenses from stacking the line.  I fully expect for carolina to double down on OL in the first 2 rounds and maybe a TE.  You will see carolina play a 2 TE set more as this will help the rookie OL.  In this scenario, you dont need a #1 wr, just someone who can convert 3rd downs.

#32 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:18 AM

Wow....that's all I've got for that response.

Sorry Miley canceled last night.

Facts are hard to dispute aren't they. Damn those pesky facts

#33 WOW!!

WOW!!

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

I guess most of you have forgotten what type of team this is. This is a smash mouth football team. Run the ball down your throat and not let you score. The receivers carolina has brought in are possession receivers who can block for the running backs, guys who are reliable to catch the ball on 3rd down when the run attack has failed. Granted carolina will need someone who can stretch the field and keep defenses from stacking the line. I fully expect for carolina to double down on OL in the first 2 rounds and maybe a TE. You will see carolina play a 2 TE set more as this will help the rookie OL. In this scenario, you dont need a #1 wr, just someone who can convert 3rd downs.

This team also understands this is a passing league and you will have to able pass the ball sooner or later. And not just to move the chains but to make big plays. You have a big play QB not a game manager. You don't handcuff him.

#34 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

This team also understands this is a passing league and you will have to able pass the ball sooner or later. And not just to move the chains but to make big plays. You have a big play QB not a game manager. You don't handcuff him.

but our biggest passing threat last season was a TE, and they went 12-4 and a 1st round bye?

#35 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:28 AM

but our biggest passing threat last season was a TE, and they went 12-4 and a 1st round bye?

And got bounced because of it

#36 WOW!!

WOW!!

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

That doesn't mean that's going to work every season and there is a on the field reason this WR overhaul is happening.
We weren't good enough in the passing game to advance in the playoffs.
Cam can't beat the elite defenses by himself. Our biggest weakness was being the 26th passing attack. Rivera and Gettelmen have said that and are showing that so far in their actions.

#37 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,099 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

Facts are hard to dispute aren't they. Damn those pesky facts

Yes...the facts are he caught three passes in his second year while playing for New England. Absolutely.

My mistake in thinking you were using that as part of a discussion in the analysis that Zod gave. You've since shown that you had no point and you were just pointing that out to show that Zod was wrong. Great job!

The definition of "playing with a legitimate QB" is more than just being on the field with him. But if we really have to explain that to you then it's no use anyway.

Congrats on making your point and your nanny-nanny-boo-boo response.

#38 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,916 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

And got bounced because of it

Fortunately they decided to make a change and are in the process of overhauling that innefective receiver group.

#39 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

Yes...the facts are he caught three passes in his second year while playing for New England. Absolutely.

My mistake in thinking you were using that as part of a discussion in the analysis that Zod gave. You've since shown that you had no point and you were just pointing that out to show that Zod was wrong. Great job!

The definition of "playing with a legitimate QB" is more than just being on the field with him. But if we really have to explain that to you then it's no use anyway.

Congrats on making your point and your nanny-nanny-boo-boo response.

He was on the roster bro, why he didn't get on the field or get more targets is his own issue. I like Tiquan man that's the sad thing. If you ask him today he will tell you how much he learned from playing with Tom Brady.

#40 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

Fortunately they decided to make a change and are in the process of overhauling that innefective receiver group.

IF they draft for the position. I'm not convinced they will, at least not as early as many here expect.

#41 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

AcieBoogie, for the posts in this thread I award you this...

24bkz0g.jpg

#42 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

AcieBoogie, for the posts in this thread I award you this...
24bkz0g.jpg

How do you know poo like that even exists....

#43 Haplo E

Haplo E

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

lol at McNutt almost catching one pass.

#44 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,099 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

He was on the roster bro, why he didn't get on the field or get more targets is his own issue. I like Tiquan man that's the sad thing. If you ask him today he will tell you how much he learned from playing with Tom Brady.

What's the point of pointing out that he was on a roster where he got no PT? Can you not infer that Zod meant he's actually going to get a chance to play with a quality QB while playing at his highest level to date in the NFL? It's not an apples-to-apples comparison....period.

#45 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

What's the point of pointing out that he was on a roster where he got no PT? Can you not infer that Zod meant he's actually going to get a chance to play with a quality QB while playing at his highest level to date in the NFL? It's not an apples-to-apples comparison....period.

So are you saying the Patriots didn't give him that chance? I can buy that, similar to Ginn in San Fran. But he still has to come and put the work in, remember Ginn wasn't suppose to be the number 3 he took it. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.