Photo
- - - - -

This year's Aaron Rodgers?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#31 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

rodgers only slid to pick 13.......so no.

#32 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

I have wondered what if one of the qbs fell. Not that we take him but would we trade back. Or if qbs go early and someone wants to jump up and take Grappolo. I hope Gettleman will listen if its only a few spots and we could get another third.

#33 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

Listened to the Football Today podcast today. They talked for a while about Bridgewater falling like a Rodgers situation to Arizona.
Would be great for both sides.

#34 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,474 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

rodgers only slid to pick 13.......so no.

Rodgers fell to pick #24.

#35 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Rodgers fell to pick #24.

he did....well that still 4 spots off from panthers so no.

#36 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,080 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

If he slid that much do you think Denver would pick him up?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#37 Draconus

Draconus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

If any of the high ranked QB slide(which I don't think scouts rank Bridgewater that high), I expect New England to grab them.  Brady is roughly the age Favre was when Rodgers was drafted,and ole Bill is well aware his offense will only succeed with a superstar QB, would not be surprised to see them grab someone to groom for a year or two. 

#38 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,128 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

-percent chance

#39 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

Why does everyone think Cam will be gone in a few years. DG has already admitted that Cam is a franchise QB. The reason DG has not signed him to a long term this off season is because most of our money is wrapped up into Hardy. We just don't have the money at this time to work out a long term with Cam. We need to work on getting Hardy long term done first. Time is running out for DG to get it done for Hardy. Once that is worked out. Then we move on to Cam long term contract. Cam will be here for years to come and he will get paid. Bridgewater will not be drafted by us. We have to many other needs to waste a first round pick on a QB. That's just my opinion tho.

#40 Billy Love

Billy Love

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

No way in hell the panther draft a QB in the first round...r u kidding me?

#41 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

If any of the high ranked QB slide(which I don't think scouts rank Bridgewater that high), I expect New England to grab them.  Brady is roughly the age Favre was when Rodgers was drafted,and ole Bill is well aware his offense will only succeed with a superstar QB, would not be surprised to see them grab someone to groom for a year or two. 

Now tell me why would they draft another QB when they have Ryan Mallett who they drafted about 4 years back. Mallet will be their start once Brady retires. Unless they trade Mallet before then. So I don't think they would draft Bridgewater.

#42 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

And if he falls all the way to 28, given Newton's contract situation, how probable would it be to see the Panthers taking him?

You're better than this

#43 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

Oh I think it's possible. Anything is possible on draft day. Bridgewater's fate I think hangs in the balance of his personal workouts. Combine, pro day, workouts -- 3 strikes and you're out. I still think Manziel is a big wilcard in the draft. A lot of teams are gonna like him, but a lot of teams are also going to label as a gambler at heart, at not one you can easily coach into playing with their structured offence.

Bottom line is this. If Manziel is able to walk into a franchise with pieces in place, he will be successful. If he walks into a place like Oaklans and goes 4-12, he will be labeled a busy by week 7. He is so polarizing to people that he will be loved if his team succeeds but will be completely torn apart if not, no matter how he plays.

I really feel for him because I expect him to be shredded by the media and all of those who make "predictions". You either are successful or your not. People think they are like Nostradamus when they say one way or the other when in reality, the situation is much different.

Ill have the utmost respect for him if he can weather the media shitstorm of a 3-6 start to the season.

#44 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT JULIUS RANDLE

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

Patriots will take him 1000000000000000% if he falls there

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#45 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,289 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

He is going to fall out of the top 10 no doubt about it....he could fall out of the 1st round easily...none of these QBs are worthy of a top 10 selection IMO and I'd hate to be in this position if we had no QB and drafted in the top 3....

I would get Clowney or Watkins and grab a QB who has just as much upside with the 33-36th pick...there are also some 3rd-4th round prospects who have every bit the talent these first rounders have....come back in 10 years and I wouldn't be surprised if the later round QBs from this draft far outperformed the 1st rounders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com