Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers working out DE/OLB Scott Crichton

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

he's projected to go in 2nd R

Posted · Report post

he's 6-3/273

2013: 7.5 sacks, 1 QB hurry, 19 TFL, 47 tackles, 3 forced fumbles, 3 passes broken up, 1 fumble recovery

2012: 9.0 sacks, 1 QB hurry, 17.5 TFL, 44 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1 pass broken up, 1 blocked kick/punt

2011: 6.0 sacks, 0 QB hurries, 14.5 TFL, 74 tackles, 6 forced fumbles, 3 passes broken up, 1 blocked kick/punt

scott-Crichton.jpg

50de9d2fd4c33.preview-620.jpg

#95 Scott Crighton

940x.jpg

Scott+Crichton+Valero+Bowl+Texas+v+Orego

#95 Scott Crighton

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Reminds me of Bjoern Werner from last year's draft.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

from a Q & A with him:

Do you feel you have a weakness?

"No. I don't think I have a weakness."
"I feel like I'm the best defensive end in this draft right now. I want to be the best to play in the NFL."

Is there anything you feel you don't get enough credit for?

"Probably my run-stop game. I feel like some people see me mainly as a pass rusher. I feel like I didn't get enough credit for that, but that's okay, I just gotta show it in the league. And that's what I'll do."

Scott-Crichton.jpg

Posted · Report post

I don't see him as a tweener, hes a 4-3 end. He's pretty much a clone of CJ in terms of play style and size

You're right, I must have misread something.

Posted · Report post

6'3 273 and he's a tweener? lol. I wish there was a way to access the draft board. Gettleman knows talent and he could have this guy rated higher.

Posted · Report post

I don't see him as a tweener, hes a 4-3 end. He's pretty much a clone of CJ in terms of play style and size

That was my first thought.

We are going to dump a DE contract next season.  CJ or Hardy, which is why we probably won't lock him down long term in 2014.  I think we wait to see how his season plays out then we make the decision between the 2.

Posted · Report post

He even wears CJ's #

Posted · Report post

Had this guy in my first of three mocks.  Pretty good motor, not as dynamic as Kraken, but could be a starter after his rookie year.

I had him in the second.

Everything depends on what we are planning for next season.  If we truly plan on renting Hardy for just one season, then this guy is a possibility, but I think he goes mid second.