Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESPN's Newton Revisits Bell Topic: Avoid if you don't want more (Cow) Bell

52 posts in this topic

Posted

I trust Gettleman. Like Newton said these guys know more about football than we likely ever will.

DG believes the line of scrimmage is of the utmost importance, he showed it last April with 3 LOS players in the draft. He'll prove it again this year.

I've become a huge David Newton fan.

6 people like this

Posted

I have a fever and there is only one cure...more cow bell.

2 people like this

Posted

I trust Gettleman. Like Newton said these guys know more about football than we likely ever will.

DG believes the line of scrimmage is of the utmost importance, he showed it last April with 3 LOS players in the draft. He'll prove it again this year.

I've become a huge David Newton fan.

it's not rocket science. You witness it in college every week. The biggest difference between mid majors and BCS conferences are the players on the offensive and defensive lines. If you can hold your own in that regard, you will play tight. Witnessed by Appalachian being down only 17-7 to UGA at halftime last season. They also beat Michigan because the offensive line matched up well with the defensive front of Michigan.

If Cam doesn't have time to find his man(in time- Ted Ginn streaking down the sideline on a sack he took late in the game against San Fram comes to mind) then we will be abysmal against teams with solid fronts again.

1 person likes this

Posted

THAT TITLE WAS SO HUMOROUS BECAUSE OF THAT ONE SNL SKIT OMG LMAOOOOOOOOO MY ASS IS OFF WHAT THE F*CK IS GOING O

Posted

But hey look it's SCP

1 person likes this

Posted

THAT TITLE WAS SO HUMOROUS BECAUSE OF THAT ONE SNL SKIT OMG LMAOOOOOOOOO MY ASS IS OFF WHAT THE F*CK IS GOING O

Don't be a dick, child.

You can never have enough cow bell and Idc what your hipster bitchass says

:-)

4 people like this

Posted

guy has us down for 8 wins......      i dont like him

2 people like this

Posted

Only thing he said was that Godfrey Isis not 4 million better than DeCoud. I agree

Posted

Let's suppose for a moment that the front office actually didn't believe in Bell.

What would people expect them to say publicly?

"We have confidence in him" or "OMG WE'RE SCREWED WE'RE GONNA GET KILLED THIS YEAR CAM WILL NEVER SURVIVE!!!" :blink:

Does the team leadership really believe in him like they say they do?  No idea.

But the one thing I do know is that if they didn't, you sure as heck wouldn't hear about it.

6 people like this

Posted

The thing is he won't necessarily be worse. If I recall correctly, most of the opposing teams' best pass rushers would move so they were lined up against Bell anyways.

Posted

The thing is he won't necessarily be worse. If I recall correctly, most of the opposing teams' best pass rushers would move so they were lined up against Bell anyways.

Maybe so but but he would now be on Cam's blind side