#1 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,582 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

http://mmgn.com/xbox...-will-literally

Fuel Entertainment and Xbox Entertainment Studios are going to dig up a landfill where, as legend has it, millions of unsold copies of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial are buried.
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial is, historically, one of the worst games ever made. Atari supposedly buried the unsold copies as it fought crippling debt and a decreasing consumer base.
The small town of Alamogordo, New Mexico, where the game cartridges were supposedly buried in 1983, will host a film crew including director Zak Penn, who penned X-men 2.
In addition to fans and media, a variety of people tied to the dig, video game, and film will be in attendance – including E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial video game designer Howard Scott Warshaw, a team of archeologists and representatives from Xbox Entertainment Studios, Lightbox and Fuel Entertainment.
It'll take place on April 26, with a fill documentary expected to air on Xbox One later in the year.

I had the Raiders of the Lost Ark game and that was pretty bad. Never played ET though...

#2 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,697 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

ET was basically pitfall in the pits.  You basically ran to different screens and fell into pits looking for telephone parts.  Trick was to extend his neck and you wouldn't die.  Still have the original copy I got for Christmas. 

#3 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,348 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

I am such a nerd I was actually thinking about when someone was going to dig that stuff up just a couple of days ago.

#4 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

#5 shreddingdefense

shreddingdefense

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:52 AM

The atari landfill and e.t. being the worst game every is a plot in a indie movie being released, of course its fictional not a documentary. "Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie".  I urge everyone to check out avgn sometime on youtube. Pretty much its funny videos of a guy reviewing and getting angry about playing crappy games from the nes days.

#6 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,052 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

I used to love the Raiders of the Lost Arc game, then damned tsetse flies got me every time, then the catching the parachute on the branch....

I had ET too, thought it wasnt that bad back then, but I was 9, what did I know?

#7 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,409 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

I am such a nerd I was actually thinking about when someone was going to dig that stuff up just a couple of days ago.

Your thoughts scare me. Please don't share

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#8 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,348 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

It's a fascinating story. And of historical interest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com