Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nctarheel0619

According to PFT Panthers have interest in Sidney Rice

If Rice does sign that doesn't mean we definitely take an OT in the first. If Lee, OBJ, or Cooks are still around when we pick I have a hard time seeing us not picking one of them unless a can't miss OT or CB falls.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Not necessarily none of the WR signed are long term option. Plus we have some injured Oline coming back.

I'm not saying we shouldn't draft any receivers, but with our first two picks should be tackles, then focus on DB's and receivers.  As for the injured o-linemen, weren't they all guards?  

Yeah, don't expect anything. He's filling up the holes to go straight into the draft with his BPA philosophy. DE, DT, WR, OG, CB, OT, OLB, and FS/SS are all at play here.

This is what I keep trying to tell the huddle. Ah well, if they don't listen, they don't listen.

I'm not saying we shouldn't draft any receivers, but with our first two picks should be tackles, then focus on DB's and receivers. As for the injured o-linemen, weren't they all guards?

We're not starting 2 rookie tackles so why draft them back 2 Back in the 1st 2 rounds? Then the value isn't there like that.

We also have a late 3rd round pick which is really a 4th. So in reality you're not getting a 3rd round WR. You're getting a 4th rounder. Not idea for a team that needs some long time solution at that spot.

I'm still pining for a legit veteran OT on this roster.

That ship sailed long time ago, it seems like FO is going for a younger OL and they believe the answer is in the draft and the roster.

Ahh, yes. A competent GM would throw darts at a board and only evaluate a select few free agents. Good point.

Throwing darts and picking which guys your going to assess are two different things.

Rice and a 1st/2nd round rookie would make this years receiver group drastically better than years prior.

Throwing darts and picking which guys your going to assess are two different things.

How do you determine which guys you are going to assess then? Even googling somebody's name and stats is showing "interest of some degree". And that's my point...

What exactly are we being aware of?

Smells like damaged goods...or ass...not sure which one.