Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

According to PFT Panthers have interest in Sidney Rice

128 posts in this topic

Posted

All these WRs are nice. But they'll mean close to nothing if we don't fix the o-line. Hard to throw the ball when laying on your back.

1 person likes this

Posted

Who hated MJ

A lot of people did in the past. They thought he was arrogant and didn't like the attention he was getting. Other NBA All Stars tried to freeze him out of the game by not even passing him the ball. Sucks eh?

Back on topic. I wouldn't mind Sidney Rice. If he can put all those constant injuries behind him he would be a good pick up. I honestly can't remember the last time I seen him on the field. Either way, I wish him luck!

Posted

All these WRs are nice. But they'll mean close to nothing if we don't fix the o-line. Hard to throw the ball when laying on your back.

I am equally concerned about our ability to run the ball which is totally dependent on the OL

. I remember Gettleman saying that he attributed the success of the Giants offense was predicated on the OL playing together as a unit . He went on to say that the success of playing as a unit is group that has played together over time.

My gut says his first priority will be to fix the OL though I do think he will grab at least one WR in this draft. 

Posted

A lot of people did in the past. They thought he was arrogant and didn't like the attention he was getting. Other NBA All Stars tried to freeze him out of the game by not even passing him the ball. Sucks eh?

Back on topic. I wouldn't mind Sidney Rice. If he can put all those constant injuries behind him he would be a good pick up. I honestly can't remember the last time I seen him on the field. Either way, I wish him luck!

People hate who they can't be. If Rice comes here I'll hope he stays healthy if he does he should be a solid contributor but the health is a big if. He needs to sign for peanuts in irder for gman to pull the trigger.

1 person likes this

Posted

why not!

Posted

Who hated MJ

The media (and probably some of his own fans). 

It wasn't necessarily hate (though it was reported Jordan was always tough on teammates, a douche bag). 

However, Jordan was called a 'numbers guy, 'a loser', 'a scorer who doesn't make his teammates better', etc., through out the first 6 years of his career. So that's true. 

It wasn't until Scottie Pippen, and then Phil Jackson came along when Jordan started really winning (though some are loathe to admit this/point it out), when he started getting the legend status accolades and equal status to Bird and Magic. 

Posted

Who hated MJ

Anyone who has ever spent any amount of time around him.

Posted

Is he visiting the Jets?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

The media (and probably some of his own fans). 

It wasn't necessarily hate (though it was reported Jordan was always tough on teammates, a douche bag). 

However, Jordan was called a 'numbers guy, 'a loser', 'a scorer who doesn't make his teammates better', etc., through out the first 6 years of his career. So that's true. 

It wasn't until Scottie Pippen, and then Phil Jackson came along when Jordan started really winning (though some are loathe to admit this/point it out), when he started getting the legend status accolades and equal status to Bird and Magic. 

I think much of what you say is true.Jordan admitted that he initially thought he had to do it all in order for the bulls to win and tried to put everything on himself.  It was only when he learned that he had to make everyone else around him better that they started winning.  I would lay that development on Jackson who helped him see that.  So it was Jordan helping Pippen and Kerr and the rest be the best they could be that made the difference.

When did Jordan learn that not everyone can do everything at such a high level like he could in basketball?  When he tried to play baseball and couldn't make the double A roster.  He was humbled enough to learn that even great effort isn't always enough to excel.

In many ways it is the same thing that Cam has had to learn and I think he turned the corner with that last year.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm all for signing Rice being a Gamecock homer and all but we need to sign Hartsock back as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

48627448.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

I'm all for signing Rice being a Gamecock homer and all but we need to sign Hartsock back as well.

I doubt Hartsock is re-signed after picking up Dickson.