Photo
- - - - -

Honestly, could this team pull one off the biggest upsets in history?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#25 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

NBA ANALYST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

Honestly... we have no chance against miami

#26 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

Tbh....if we can pull off two wins against the heat it'll be considered a successful season in my eyes.  All I can really ask out of this team is to leave us excited about next season. Couple home wins against the Heat will do it.

#27 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

MKG can contain LBJ? lol he did a great job when he scored 61 points

#28 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

Right now I'm just hoping that John Wall and Bradley Beal eat a bad batch of clam chowdah and end up missing their game with severe explosive diarrhea. And we beat the bulls.

#29 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

Right now I'm just hoping that John Wall and Bradley Beal eat a bad batch of clam chowdah and end up missing their game with severe explosive diarrhea. And we beat the bulls.

Well to fair to the Celtics they beat us, and they match up with the Wizards.....Rondo and Green.

#30 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

HUDDLER

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

People forget the scope of LBJ's 61 point game.  MKG did exactly what was asked... not letting LBJ get into the paint... and LBJ had one night where he got hot from three.  In that game Charlotte did a fake double team funneling LBJ to the perimeter and away from the paint.  LBJ got hot and they won the game.  Remember LBJ went into a huge shooting slump from three following that game for like two weeks. 

Honestly, I'd take my chances with MKG and LBJ and the 'Cats keeping him out of the paint.  That's what Charlotte defense has been all year and they'll certainly deal with it. 

I'm just glad that I feel as though Charlotte can go toe to toe with anyone in regards to X's and O's with Clifford and his staff. 

#31 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

HUDDLER

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

Be prepared for some insane foul disparities! Not likley against the Heat.

#32 Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Gazing In The Mirror

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

I think this season should be considered a success already.  Nobody saw us being this good before the year started - I know I certainly didn't.  Quite a turnaround, and gets you excited about the future.

That being said, zero chance to beat Miami in a 7-game series unless LeBron gets hurt.  And even then, probably not.  Miami is just much more talented than we are, and they turn it up to a different level for the playoffs.  If we won a game in the series, I'd be highly impressed.  But even if we get swept, it would still be a great year for us all things considered.

#33 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

I think this season should be considered a success already.  Nobody saw us being this good before the year started - I know I certainly didn't.  Quite a turnaround, and gets you excited about the future.

That being said, zero chance to beat Miami in a 7-game series unless LeBron gets hurt.  And even then, probably not.  Miami is just much more talented than we are, and they turn it up to a different level for the playoffs.  If we won a game in the series, I'd be highly impressed.  But even if we get swept, it would still be a great year for us all things considered.

Spot on....we could not beat a Rondo-less Celtics team and barely beat a Hawks team resting their two best players.

We are a mediocre team.....no chance against the Heat.

#34 FourthWard

FourthWard

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

This season was awkward from the get go and many were expecting (hoping) to tank and get a top-5 draft pick.  Knowing that the team would become the Hornets next year before we began this season made this one of the weirdest yet.  Fans were getting used to the awful teams so winning almost feels a little strange.  Building positive momentum before transitioning to the Hornets is important.

Nobody thought Big Al would put up 22 and 11 (~30% increase on his career ppg) or that Steve Clifford would be a steal of a coaching hire.  Simply making the playoffs is great and this will be a great experience for our young guys.  I could see Kemba lighting it up and taking his game to another level.  Maybe Big Al can drop 50 and secure a home win.  

#35 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

HUDDLER

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

No.

#36 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

i said this in another thread but to me it comes down to the 3's and perimeter d. if we can limit 3's and hit at least 7-9 a game we got a shot.