Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phil Steele's projected T25

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am suprrised to see Clemson in the top 20.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Gamecocks at 10 sounds right.

Posted · Report post

We suck lol

Posted · Report post

I've heard that Penn St has their eyes set on some young tight ends. And they're recruiting for their football team too!

Posted · Report post

UNC at #23? very surprising. It never fails, Carolina ranks in at the top 25 every year in scouting and always manages a sub par year. Yet everyone expects that "this year" will be different. 

Posted · Report post

UNC at #23? very surprising. It never fails, Carolina ranks in at the top 25 every year in scouting and always manages a sub par year. Yet everyone expects that "this year" will be different. 

We should take ECU off the schedule. What's the point in playing a decent team that doesn't benefit your school in any way yet can make you look terrible if you lose to them? 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Typical jealous ECUer response. You probably pull for the dookies come basketball season. UNC is absolutely loaded next year in what should be a wide open ACC-Coastal. They've got an excellent opportunity in front of them next year. I'm interested to see if MW is going to be able to take the next step. 

Keep an eye on Quinshad Davis and TJ Logan. 

Posted · Report post

We should take ECU off the schedule. What's the point in playing a decent team that doesn't benefit your school in any way yet can make you look terrible if you lose to them? 

I am an ECU alum but I love the Heels. I totally agree with you. Playing ECU isn't beneficial to UNC in ANY way whatsoever except for the short 1.5 hour ride students can make from Chapel Hill to Greenville when they at ECU. Playing UNC is a huge, huge game for ECU and in many ways it's their Super Bowl. It's the same reason why I don't like Carolina scheduling teams like them and UNCC in basketball. It's a bigger game for them and they are playing with house money. ECU basketball gave the dookies a little scare in December this year at Cameron. 

Posted · Report post

I am an ECU alum but I love the Heels. I totally agree with you. Playing ECU isn't beneficial to UNC in ANY way whatsoever except for the short 1.5 hour ride students can make from Chapel Hill to Greenville when they at ECU. Playing UNC is a huge, huge game for ECU and in many ways it's their Super Bowl. It's the same reason why I don't like Carolina scheduling teams like them and UNCC in basketball. It's a bigger game for them and they are playing with house money. ECU basketball gave the dookies a little scare in December this year at Cameron. 

Basketball i say bring them on. theres 30 games. If we're that good well be there. Football there's only 12. Replace ECU with a similar school that doesn't play balls out vs UNC.

Posted · Report post

Basketball i say bring them on. theres 30 games. If we're that good well be there. Football there's only 12. Replace ECU with a similar school that doesn't play balls out vs UNC.

ECU hoops gave UNC a helluva fight 2 years ago and they could have beat the dookies this year in Cameron. I like Jeff Lebo, but ECU basketball is irrelevant and I couldn't tell you the last time they made the NCAAT. A surprise loss to them could be devastating for your RPI.

A majority of the Pirate fanbase pulls for duke come basketball season anyway. 

But I'm with ya on football - I'd like to see them reschedule someone else in their place. It helps UNC in absolutely no way possible except for a short bus ride for their fans when they play in Greenville. The game is bigger for ECU than it is Carolina. MUCH bigger.

UNC and ECU don't even recruit from the same talent pool. 

Posted · Report post

This is my somewhat biased (Auburn Student) opinion, but Alabama is to high.  They are a top 10 team, but they have a big if at QB going into next year just assuming Jacob Coker is going to pan out.  That being said Auburn is too high as well.  We were not the 2nd best team in the nation last year.  We just happened to fall into (and should have beat Imho) FSU in the national championship game.  Not all the bounces are going to go our way this year and we could fall out of the top 10 i think.  

Notre Dame and USC overrated like always, Otherwise this looks pretty good i think.