Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,541 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

Oh yeah, this'uns gettin bumped you motherf*cker

Laughing-GIF.gif

Ahhhhhhhh man you are such a misinformed troll -- like most Caro-whiners.
And good luck "taking us off your schedule". UNC and NC State are required by the UNC Board of Governors to play ECU on a consistent basis.

Looks like you and you "loaded" (really...REALLY) team is going to have to nut up or shut up at least every other year. Sorry no hiding for you and your constantly underperforming, always entertaining to watch make dumbasses of yourselves, Tar Holes.

The PR department puts an ad out informing the fans that there won't be any single game tickets available for a big out of conference game and it instantly becomes our Super Bowl. That schtick, my friend, ran out for you at 55-31.

"Jealous ECU-er"....ay yi yi. No, what I love is the underdog mentality that I grew up with being a 3rd generation Pirate, I would much rather put 50,000 butts in the seats every week full of passionate fans (not the whine and cheese, stuck up pieces of sh*t that you call fans) that truly care, win or lose, about the program. Unfortunately you can't say the same, otherwise you'd have a full football stadium.

Is this only in football because I'm sure UNC wouldn't mind mopping the floor with ECU in basketball on a year to year basis.

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 16 July 2014 - 06:46 PM.

#17 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

Is this only in football because I'm sure UNC wouldn't mind mopping the floor with ECU in basketball on a year to year basis.

Nah it's all sports. Notice how we have been playing each other at least every other year for the past say 4 or so years.

Baseball is another sport caro-whine-a doesn't want to play us in either but has to. We swept you this year 2 games to nil and split 1-1 with state

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#18 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:53 AM

Nah it's all sports. Notice how we have been playing each other at least every other year for the past say 4 or so years.

Baseball is another sport caro-whine-a doesn't want to play us in either but has to. We swept you this year 2 games to nil and split 1-1 with state

They're weekday games so if doesn't mean much because the regular rotation isn't even out there.

Maybe you should go back to baseball 101 and freshen up.

By the way how many trips to regionals has that gotten you to?

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 17 July 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#19 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

They're weekday games so if doesn't mean much because the regular rotation isn't even out there.

Maybe you should go back to baseball 101 and freshen up.

By the way how many trips to regionals has that gotten you to?

We swept you in our worst season since before the millennium. We fired our coach. You don't think I know they were weekday games? No poo. Rotation is weak for BOTH sides during the week. So don't use that as an excuse. Go away bro.

How many regionals? Quite a few in fact. Maybe you should check on that my friend, freshen up a bit.

#20 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

We swept you in our worst season since before the millennium. We fired our coach. You don't think I know they were weekday games? No poo. Rotation is weak for BOTH sides during the week. So don't use that as an excuse. Go away bro.

How many regionals? Quite a few in fact. Maybe you should check on that my friend, freshen up a bit.

Not necessarily... heck I go to Liberty and we've beat UNC, Duke, Clemson, South Carolina etc in weekday games... weekday games don't mean much bud.

And at least Liberty has been able to compete in the NCAA's for the past two years.

ECU athletics is a joke, always trying to measure up to the big boys while not realizing that your conference plays a role in your success.

Good luck going 10-2 in the mighty tough CUSA this year... I'm sure it will get you a ton of respect.

#21 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

Not necessarily... heck I go to Liberty and we've beat UNC, Duke, Clemson, South Carolina etc in weekday games... weekday games don't mean much bud.

And at least Liberty has been able to compete in the NCAA's for the past two years.

ECU athletics is a joke, always trying to measure up to the big boys while not realizing that your conference plays a role in your success.

Good luck going 10-2 in the mighty tough CUSA this year... I'm sure it will get you a ton of respect.

First off were in the American so you're an idiot which isn't news to me I just want to reiterate it.

Secondly, Liberty has had a very solid baseball program for a length of time. But yeah let's really hit me hard by telling me our teams shortcomings over the past TWO YEARS OMG what great sample size!!

Out of conference weekday games mean as much as an out of conference basketball game, bud. They make an impact on the season.

I for one have never tried nor claimed that are measuring up to anything. I care about the fan base and the results, both of which have consistently been good.

And outside of that, the football competition in CUSA up until last year, from top to bottom, has been just as good as the ACC's outside of Clemson and FSU. The branding power of course is incomparable.

But hey, which is more of a joke, ECUs high aspirations and growth or UNCs consistent knack to never meet expectations

And finally, as far as the you're only as good as your conference debate, congratulations Mr. Liberty (who by the way offered me an academic scholarship 10 years ago which I appropriately shat on), tell me something I don't know

Edited by PiratePanther189, 17 July 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#22 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

First off were in the American so you're an idiot which isn't news to me I just want to reiterate it.

Secondly, Liberty has had a very solid baseball program for a length of time. But yeah let's really hit me hard by telling me our teams shortcomings over the past TWO YEARS OMG what great sample size!!

Out of conference weekday games mean as much as an out of conference basketball game, bud. They make an impact on the season.

I for one have never tried nor claimed that are measuring up to anything. I care about the fan base and the results, both of which have consistently been good.

And outside of that, the football competition in CUSA up until last year, from top to bottom, has been just as good as the ACC's outside of Clemson and FSU. The branding power of course is incomparable.

But hey, which is more of a joke, ECUs high aspirations and growth or UNCs consistent knack to never meet expectations

And finally, as far as the you're only as good as your conference debate, congratulations Mr. Liberty (who by the way offered me an academic scholarship 10 years ago which I appropriately shat on), tell me something I don't know

- You're formatting of an argument is horrible. I'm idiot for taking a two year sample size of LU/ECU baseball and you're a genius for forming an argument based on a two year sample size of UNC/ECU athletic competition... pot meet kettle.

- As for the baseball/basketball comparison, that's bull and you know it. A weight is put on conference games when it comes to the committee. Even the baseball writers of America, perfect game, and baseball America has said that plenty of times. You're obviously in denial.

- Also my fault for not remembering that all of these smaller schools are trying to jump ship to different conferences. It's not my job to keep up with ECU. However I do remember you guys finishing second in the mighty CUSA last year. Which is not even remotely close to being on the same level as the ACC. You're top tier teams are decent, your bottom tier teams are garbage. Heck, UNC would have put up triple digits on ODU if it wasn't for the fact that they decided to shorten the fourth quarter to 10 minutes and use a running clock. But hey, let your butt-Pirate homerism consume you.

- As for UNC, I'd rather see the team have high expectations and fail then have mediocre expectations and succeed. You see, in athletics.... we set goals. What do you expect UNC fans to say, we think we'll go 6-6 this year? What kind of idiocy is that.

- Finally I don't care what you did with your Liberty scholarship because with mine I've had the opportunity to do what I love and work with multiple athletic teams in all sports (college and professional).

- But hey, Go Butt-Pirates Arghhhh

- Oh and at least Liberty dominates their conference..... in everything (a year ago we were tied with Stanford for the most conference championships with 9). Unlike ECU.

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 17 July 2014 - 11:10 AM.

#23 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

OUr consistent knack to not meet expectations? We have 42 ncaa championships. Ecu has?

#24 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,371 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

OUr consistent knack to not meet expectations? We have 42 ncaa championships. Ecu has?

0 in basketball with only 2 tourney appearances in school history.

0 in women's basketball with 2 tourney appearances.

19 bowl games in football, 0 titles.

1 natty in swimming and diving.

1 NAIA title in baseball, no natty's, 25 tourney appearances.

So the answer is 1.

#25 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

- You're formatting of an argument is horrible. I'm idiot for taking a two year sample size of LU/ECU baseball and you're a genius for forming an argument based on a two year sample size of UNC/ECU athletic competition... pot meet kettle.

- As for the baseball/basketball comparison, that's bull and you know it. A weight is put on conference games when it comes to the committee. Even the baseball writers of America, perfect game, and baseball America has said that plenty of times. You're obviously in denial.

- Also my fault for not remembering that all of these smaller schools are trying to jump ship to different conferences. It's not my job to keep up with ECU. However I do remember you guys finishing second in the mighty CUSA last year. Which is not even remotely close to being on the same level as the ACC. You're top tier teams are decent, your bottom tier teams are garbage. Heck, UNC would have put up triple digits on ODU if it wasn't for the fact that they decided to shorten the fourth quarter to 10 minutes and use a running clock. But hey, let your butt-Pirate homerism consume you.

- As for UNC, I'd rather see the team have high expectations and fail then have mediocre expectations and succeed. You see, in athletics.... we set goals. What do you expect UNC fans to say, we think we'll go 6-6 this year? What kind of idiocy is that.

- Finally I don't care what you did with your Liberty scholarship because with mine I've had the opportunity to do what I love and work with multiple athletic teams in all sports (college and professional).

- But hey, Go Butt-Pirates Arghhhh

- Oh and at least Liberty dominates their conference..... in everything (a year ago we were tied with Stanford for the most conference championships with 9). Unlike ECU.

I wanted to sit down and preach some knowledge instead of using my phone in hopes that this one will end our little conversation.

I don't think you are talking about the formatting of my argument, bud. Unless you're talking about arrangement, margins and font size, you've chosen the wrong word. Perhaps you mean the basis of my argument? I'm not comparing 2-year stretches and anyone that's ever had a conversation about this knows that these things have streched over decades. Just because the only piece of evidence that I used was a football game in 2013 doesn't mean that I'm simply referencing the past 2 years. You, however, are referencing the past 2 years in a Liberty vs. East Carolina baseball debate? I mean, it's a stupid sample size, and it just makes no sense.

I called you an idiot for not correctly knowing what conference ECU is in despite you basing your argument completely around conferences. I'm the kind of guy that likes to go into conversations knowing what the hell I'm talking about, not the kind of guy that wants to be Mr. "Oh why should I give a f*ck". Well, you should care because look what you're doing right now. Yes, ECU changed conference and yes, it's a far better conference.

I'm really not in denial. Of course the aces don't come out to play until the weekend, but you act like we're playing 2 completely different teams here, and you know for fact that that just isn't true. ECU just had a pitcher taken 9th overall in the draft, man. We take a hit by not having our weekend pitchers out there too during the week. Despite not having the 1,2, or 3 pitchers, those games do showcase the majority of a team's talent. And yes, they do matter to the committee when comparing teams that have qualified (JUST LIKE IN BASKETBALL, it's still all about the conference in basketball too)

You need to understand what I'm saying about CUSA because you didn't read what I said. I said, that up until last year, from about 1995-2012 (before all of the schools jumped to the AAC), CUSA's football TALENT, top to bottom, was comprable to that of the ACC. The branding power of the ACC can be blinding, and I'm not even saying that's a bad thing I have no problem with it, it's perfectly fine. I am, however, saying that chools like Louisville, Cincinnatti, Central Florida, Houston, East Carolina, and TCU all built their programs in CUSA. Basketball wise, DePaul, Marquette, St. Louis, and Memphis built their programs in CUSA. It was, before your time of fandom clearly, a really talent-filled conference. Then the Big East was purged by the ACC and in turn the Big East purged CUSA (similar to what happened in 2012 with the ACC/Big 10 and the American).

ECU won 10 conference championships during its time in CUSA, and they joined CUSA 10 years after Liberty joined the Big South so uh what? Just...no...shut up. They also dominated the CAA before joining CUSA..so that ones just null and void bud. I'm glad, though, that you enjoy what you do and you took advantage of an academic scholarship.

And I'm just not entirely sure what you mean by mediocre expectations. East Carolina plans to win conference championships and go to the NCAA tournament (in every sport but basketball, ha) every year. And they have consistently accomplished those goals.

I really am not arguing this whole which is a better athletic program, UNC or ECU. Give me a break guys. Like the dude said, you guys have 40 some national titles. THAT is not the argument at hand, never was and never will be. The argument at hand is that ECU IS a good athletic program, it's done a high holy hell of a lot with not very much money or opportunity from the UNC system (until very recently). This whole idea of playing UNC being our "super bowl" and the unnecessary knocking of the athletic programs. I mean get over yourselves. We've got a good fanbase, we have winning programs, we are a large scale athletic program, we consistently win or are competitive out of conference against Power 5 conferences in football.

We've done well for ourselves in a very short period of time. ECU is a fairly new as a university, not becoming one until 1967. For it to be in the position that it is size wise, in terms of academic accomplishment (which is better than the age old reputation), the facilities on campus, and the growth and nationwide respectability of the medical school. For god sakes, our first round of wealthy graduates in business and medicine are just now retiring for the most part. First group! It's a crazy thought. Then looking at athletics, you guys were winning national titles when ECU was still an all-women's teachers college, I mean give me a break. We've done well and done it quickly. That's why ECU fans are very quick to jump into this argument.

Edited by PiratePanther189, 18 July 2014 - 09:33 AM.

#26 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

- So you only present info from 2013 and then tell me that doesn't mean that you are just referencing last year. Well what does the mean? If you have more information, present it.

- By the way, I know all about ECU's pitching staff. I have a friend that worked with Campbell baseball for the past three years and he always raved about Bolton and Hoffman.

- Also I meant 9 conference championships in one year... you know like dominating every sport in your conference...

The argument was never about whose athletic program was better. The argument was about ECU's treating of a game against UNC as your (their) Super Bowl. Last year UNC did not take ECU seriously and because of that it led you to believe that ECU has the better football program which is completely inaccurate.

Let's not forget UNC is 6-2 against ECU since 2000 and 11-3-1 all-time against the Pirates.

But you know, facts...

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 18 July 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#27 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

I had no reason to present more evidence for anything at the time I made my first post...we were talking about 1 football game.

Yeah, that makes more sense, and is an impressive feat. That's the kind of stuff that ECU used to do in the CAA when I was a kid. CUSA will never be a conference like that where one team can dominate all sports, it's very difficult to do in FBS football conferences just because of the sheer size and talent level but you know that. Saying Liberty is more impressive than an FBS football school because they dominate the Big Sky and ECU couldn't win every conference title in one year in CUSA just means that you don't know a lot about CUSA, which I don't necessarily blame you for.

I'm not arguing that ECU has a better program either...though I will say for UNC's size and branding standards, their football historically has been underwhelming. It hasn't been long that ECU and UNC have been comparable (in football, relax), but I will say that this argument is worth having now. I am arguing that ECU has a good program period. I'm not...misled...at all. I am, however, going to tell you that playing NC State and UNC aren't super bowls. They aren't. Our seasons don't "top out" after we play our out of conference slate. We have ambitions to win the American and get in an access bowl, and you and I both know that we have a very strong opportunity to do that.

But those games, to the fanbase, are games that have emotion behind them because yes, ECU is a school that had to fight for what they've gotten in spite of UNC. UNC hates the idea of another NC public school being a top 20 medical school. It irks the poo out of them. And because of that, they've tried to keep ECU down in their ability to get grants and funding for almost 2 decades. ECU is a nice school, it's a good degree, and it's got passionate people behind it. It's growing tremendously, a lot of money is being put into it, the city of Greenville is exponentially improving. It's gotten me to great places. I'm here to tell you that more respect -- and perhaps knowledge -- is deserved if you're going to talk that way about something.

Because of course I'm justified to defend my school from ignorance just as you're justified to defend Liberty. That's the reason I intentionally knocked Liberty, because I knew it would give you that same feeling.

Edited by PiratePanther189, 18 July 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#28 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

I don't think ECU sucks though haha.

I think they're a solid school on the rise and making the jump from the CUSA to the American will be good for them.

#29 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

Yeah i really have nothing against ECU. Dad went there. I cheer for em assuming they aren't playing the heels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com