Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Telvin Smith visited today

64 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think the biggest misconception people have with Gettlemen is that he is drafting  rounds 1-7 for 2014. 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

10 lbs isn't a big deal. I love his speed and height. My favorite realistic OLB prospect. I just wish he could wear 22 here.

Posted · Report post

10 lbs isn't a big deal. I love his speed and height. My favorite realistic OLB prospect. I just wish he could wear 22 here.

he's undersized for OLB by about 20 lbs. an ideal OLB would weigh 235 to 245 at 6-1 to 6-2 in height

Posted · Report post

he's undersized for OLB by about 20 lbs. an ideal OLB would weigh 235 to 245 at 6-1 to 6-2 in height

I meant he could easily add weight.

Posted · Report post

Right because the guy can't put on weight... 

Luke had the issue of being undersized in college too. He was able to put on good weight over the course of a year or two. 

Telvin Smith is a fantastic player and would thrive at WLB in our system. 

Posted · Report post

Smith is 218 pounds. Two years in the NFL Strength and Conditioning program will put him right around 228-235 lbs. Sooooo... what's the problem here?

Posted · Report post

Smith is 218 pounds. Two years in the NFL Strength and Conditioning program will put him right around 228-235 lbs. Sooooo... what's the problem here?

Right because the guy can't put on weight...

he could easily add weight.

why not just put him at SS? He'd be perfect there in an in-the-box role much like Roman Harper did to earn a couple Pro Bowl invites when he was younger. And we do need someone to take over for Harper who is 32 this season

as for adding muscle, they wrote this about Smith:

"Thin-muscled with very lean limbs and limited growth potential to add much more bulk....His lack of bulk and growth potential are impossible to ignore and something that will always limit him (at OLB)"

Posted · Report post

The story of him and his father is touching, I'd love to draft him.

Posted · Report post

Played high school against him he went to lowndes and I to valdosta. I really dont think he'll get much bigger. Probably play safety at the next level if he has a rough transition.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

why not just put him at SS? He'd be perfect there in an in-the-box role much like Roman Harper did to earn a couple Pro Bowl invites when he was younger. And we do need someone to take over for Harper who is 32 this season

as for adding muscle, they wrote this about Smith:

"Thin-muscled with very lean limbs and limited growth potential to add much more bulk....His lack of bulk and growth potential are impossible to ignore and something that will always limit him (at OLB)"

Why not put him at SS? Because he has made his living at OLB and done a fine job at that. That's why. You move a guy closer to the line of scrimmage when changing positions. Not further away.

Posted · Report post

I think the biggest misconception people have with Gettlemen is that he is drafting rounds 1-7 for 2014.

Exactly right! GMan is drafting for the future. That's why we took Klein & Barner besides depth, but mainly to groom when the crappy contract are up. I love what GMan is doing
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

So was TD.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

And you see what happened to him

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app