• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:34 AM

Recently my youngest brother has been playing the most recent game from the series. MK9 I believe. Just got me thinking how classic and awesome those older games were.
And how cool the graphics and games are now.

What was your favorite character to fight with?

And why don't they make a motion picture out of it today? That would be awesome with all the graphics and special effects in the modern day.

#2 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,221 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:44 AM

I think just about anyone will say Liu Kang, because his moves were so easy to do. But I loved playing as Rayden

#3 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:16 AM

Scorpion (All games he was in), Smoke (Ultimate MK), Noob Saibot (Ultimate MK), Barakka (MK2)

#4 shreddingdefense

shreddingdefense

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

In the classics 2d games i was only good with subzero, scorpion, and smoke. Mostly do to their freeze or bring the enemy close to you move. But as they switched to 3d and got rid of the run feature ive goten better with all characters. But scorpion is always my go to guy, i can pull off a 15 hit combo with him in the newiest one if i use the xray move in the middle of a combo.

As far as movies, i wish they would do a new one (a reboot), but i have a fear they will try to make it too realistic. I don't mean we see blood every time someone gets hit, or a fatality ever time a fighter wins, or even a special move (it can be used rarely to end someone). Take scorpion, instad of throwing the kunai at someone all the time have it be his move he pulls off when his enemy is close to death. Once in a blue moon type deal. Still id like to have raiden a god, scorpion a fallen ninja specter, subezero command ice (not have a hydrogen tank on his back or something stupid like that), etc like the games. May just use the common fighters, too many characters with too few screentime to show off their backstory is a bad idea.

Also id like the realms/other gods to just be as important, you can slowly show them off and the characters like sonya be like "What i thought earth was the only living place but portals to other places? this goes against everything in my religion has tought me!". You build it up so that characters like her and the audience would have a connection on that front.

Basically i want a movie that is based on a fictional word with SOME realism, but not taken too far that it looses what made the games so great.

#5 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

MK Legacy web series wasn't too bad.  

#6 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,293 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

In umk3 I played Cyrax and in the new one I'm good with everyone but I play Jax when I want to obliterate some poor souls.

They actually made a like a series alongside the release of the game and it sucked pretty bad. The story mode in MK9 was the best "movie" we will ever get.

#7 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,805 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Stryker is my guy.  MK9 is an amazing game.  I've put in a ridiculous amount of time on it.

#8 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

scorpion was always my favorite.. Johnny cage is up there as well

#9 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

My go to choices were Sub Zero, Reptile, Scorpion and Noob Saibot. Kabal was pretty fun too.

Now if we're talking all fighting games nobody tops these three...

Eddy_gordo%E2%99%A5.png

soulcalibur-iv-20080730013916675-000.jpg

Ryu_Hayabusa_DOA_5_Game_Wallpaper.jpg

#10 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,290 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

Subzero, especially when he got the move to freeze the ground and make the opponent slip. And when he did a back flip and made the frozen statue.

I could kick some ass with him.

Also loved playing with Kabal when he first came out. Spinning fools daily.

#11 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,792 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

For mk9 the most fun I had with a long range, magical attacker was noob, and for short range combat, johnny cage

#12 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

Ermac was my fav in MK9

#13 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,626 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

I'm pretty insane with Rain and Cyrax. It's a shame nobody plays anymore hit me up on PSN if anyone ever wants to do some casuals. SCMunnerlyn1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com