Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PR/KR question

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Not really concerned about kick returns.  They've been all but eliminated unless you have an elite returner who you're comfortable with him taking the ball from 6-7 yards deep in the endzone.  A touchback is all but assumed now with the kickoff moved up.  I'm MUCH more concerned with punt returns.

Posted

FYI, when you said resign edwards I almost took a swing at my screen..

Posted

Thanks to the rule changes, kick returner isn't as important as it used to be.

Punt returner still matters.

Posted

punt returner is the issue. no answer seems to be on the team, draft june cuts, and preseason cuts should have a solution. underwood i believe returned about 5 punt for his career, so still nothing.

Posted

you almost don't even need a KR anymore as so many are touchbacks

1 person likes this

Posted

Watkins

(Drops mouse, walks away)

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

BlX0Jv0CMAAGePz.png

Posted

Something I just fread from panthers.com was that Joe Webb has returned a couple of kickoffs throughout his career as a Viking. Now I am almost certain there is no way he will beat out Anderson as our backup QB, quiet honestly because he sucks as a NFL QB. So does DG believe that he could possibly tryout as a KR?

Posted

LaMichael James | SF

(April 16, 2014 9:02 PM EDT)

The Sacramento Bee reports the 49ers "have been shopping" third-year RB LaMichael James.

It's been speculated James would be available since early in the offseason. The 61st overall pick in the 2012 draft, James has earned just 44 offensive touches in two seasons with San Francisco. His kickoff-return production dropped sharply as a sophomore, and he fumbled two punts. An undersized, straight-linish runner with no power and little elusiveness, we don't have particularly high hopes for James even if he finds a new home. He'll be 25 in October.

Could be a option,if release but we might have a better option on roster.

Posted

The ghost of Pilares