Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaCityKats

where's Ricky? FSU

55 posts in this topic

At this point I would rather have Cooks over KB.

At this point I would rather have Cooks over KB.

I think most people would agree with that

Actual decision? I think none. Influencing DG's WR rankings and pecking order? 89%

Fixed.

Wonder how much pull Ricky is going to have in the war room decisions?

Gettleman will obviously be the one who makes the final decision, but it's been noted numerous times that DG likes to get everyone's opinion. He's now pretty notoriously collaborative (which I think is a great thing) and you better believe DG will ask Ricky for his thoughts if there's a decent WR option available to us as our pick nears.

FSU is due to turn out another great WR. Last one was a 216-pound WR taken in the 2nd R of 2003 named Anquan Boldin

I like how were leaving no stone unturned. Just say no to Kelvin Benjamin though, in the first round at least.

other than Kelvin, we are also probably taking a good look at 5-11/170 FSU WR Kenny Shaw as an UDFA or late R pick. He had 1,204 all-purpose yards (including 933 yards receiving) for the Seminoles last season and was All-ACC 3rd team by coaches and All-ACC honorable mention by media. The name of his high school team? The Panthers

"Kenny Shaw drew the attention of scouts (at FSU's pro day) after shining during the passing drills."

"what Shaw lacks on the (size) scale is countered by his quick feet, precise route running and reliable hands. He does not do well against press coverage, but his aforementioned quickness makes it tougher for defensive backs to jam him off the line. Shaw gets in and out of his breaks well, and if he gets off the line untouched he's smoother in his routes than any other receiver on the roster.... showed some real toughness (and heart) after he was knocked out cold in the end zone by a helmet-to-helmet-to-helmet shot from two defenders against Oklahoma (in 2012) and subsequently returned the following week to snag a touchdown pass in a losing effort at Clemson... It is easy at times to underrate him...but Shaw is a very good receiver."

1 person likes this

Of course he leaves no stone unturned. I would exspect him to check out kb.

Actual decision? I think none. Influencing DG's WR rankings and pecking order? 92%

This.  I'm not sure Ricky will even be in the draft "war room".  But, I think he'll have a big influence on how Gettleman sorts out his WR rankings.