Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blake Griffin believes that Earth is 6,000 years old

1,055 posts in this topic

Posted

I mean do you start with the belief the Bible is true? Do you presuppose it is divine? Or do you start with reason and evidence and see if the Bible holds ip enough to be considered divine. I ask because you kind of sound like a presuppositionalist.

I believe I have reason to study up on the Bible, and see if there's evidence that it is an account describing an existent god.  So, I look at it's contents a little more than most do.  By doing so, I found it states many things that are different than the consensus view.  In truth however, I'm taking in all the evidence I can gather, and then I'll shape my complete view about life you could say. 

Posted

I believe I have reason to study up on the Bible, and see if there's evidence that it is an account describing an existent god. So, I look at it's contents a little more than most do. By doing so, I found it states many things that are different than the consensus view. In truth however, I'm taking in all the evidence I can gather, and then I'll shape my complete view about life you could say.

Ok so not a presuppositionalist view.

Cool thanks for being cordial and your dialogue, actually responding to questions etc.

Posted

Ok so not a presuppositionalist view.

Cool thanks for being cordial and your dialogue, actually responding to questions etc.

Your welcome.  Of course I also understand why my views or any religious views will be met with great questions.  That's a good thing.  That's definitely how it should be.  If the things I say is true, there should be evidence.  I believe there's evidence, and I will have it if there is.  Of course I could be wrong.  I'm definitely open to that.  I just want to dig a little further for myself.

1 person likes this

Posted

People believe they can justify God killing 42 children by two bears because they made of fun of his prophet being bald. That puts King Jeffery to shame.

It's a scary worldview that can do that and it requires a lot of mental gymnastics

This fellow takes that line of thinking to the next level...

1 person likes this

Posted

IMO if you can't stumble upon the bible in the desert and read it -  without any prior exposure to its claims erstwhile understanding how our world works through non-religious lenses - and be expected to immediately adopt its claims as literally true and relevant to the current era in a salvific form then that stands as a concrete-clad illustration of how socialization of beliefs is the primary factor in coming to believe things you would otherwise laugh off as a joke. that's epistemological ground zero and i think it's where we need to start

Posted

Show me where it said God is omnipotent in the Bible.  It's clear from the Bible God is the creator and is the most powerful being.  Yet why make the leap of saying all that means nothing if there is something he can't do?  If there is something he can't do, then he's not omnipotent.

There are numerous passages that say for God, all things are possible.  Revelations also has a bit that in some translations says omnipotent afaik.

How can a divine being be capable of anything/all things and not actually be omnipotent?

Posted

When you surrender his omnipotentence that changes a lot of theology. It solves some issues and creates others.I question if one can claim he is god certainly the only god.

Posted

This thread is 6,000 years old

3 people like this

Posted

If you are smart enough, you could accurately predict the precise movements of every billiard ball on the table while striking provided you have all of the data needed.

Now, pretend every particle of energy in the universe is a billiard ball. If some being or energy or other manifestation had all of the nearly infinite data before the big bang, it could correctly predict the universe from start to finish, even your thoughts and decisions as they are all particles of energy knocking around in your brain.

Now pass the bong.

Posted

If you are smart enough, you could accurately predict the precise movements of every billiard ball on the table while striking provided you have all of the data needed.

Now, pretend every particle of energy in the universe is a billiard ball. If some being or energy or other manifestation had all of the nearly infinite data before the big bang, it could correctly predict the universe from start to finish, even your thoughts and decisions as they are all particles of energy knocking around in your brain.

Now pass the bong.

quantum physics teaches us that not all things are predictable, even with all of the information at our disposal.

Posted

Quantum foam bruh

Posted

quantum physics teaches us that not all things are predictable, even with all of the information at our disposal.

Zodism disagrees.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App