1054 replies to this topic

#751 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,515 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

When you surrender his omnipotentence that changes a lot of theology. It solves some issues and creates others.I question if one can claim he is god certainly the only god.

#752 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,755 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:56 AM

This thread is 6,000 years old

#753 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

If you are smart enough, you could accurately predict the precise movements of every billiard ball on the table while striking provided you have all of the data needed.

Now, pretend every particle of energy in the universe is a billiard ball. If some being or energy or other manifestation had all of the nearly infinite data before the big bang, it could correctly predict the universe from start to finish, even your thoughts and decisions as they are all particles of energy knocking around in your brain.

Now pass the bong.

#754 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,861 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

If you are smart enough, you could accurately predict the precise movements of every billiard ball on the table while striking provided you have all of the data needed.

Now, pretend every particle of energy in the universe is a billiard ball. If some being or energy or other manifestation had all of the nearly infinite data before the big bang, it could correctly predict the universe from start to finish, even your thoughts and decisions as they are all particles of energy knocking around in your brain.

Now pass the bong.

quantum physics teaches us that not all things are predictable, even with all of the information at our disposal.

#755 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,104 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

Quantum foam bruh

#756 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

quantum physics teaches us that not all things are predictable, even with all of the information at our disposal.

Zodism disagrees.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

#757 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,515 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

Like a universe from "nothing"? hmmm....

#758 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,861 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

Like a universe from "nothing"? hmmm....

It's possible that our universe sprang from anti-matter universe collapsing in on itself -- thus violently ejecting matter at a high rate as what would be observed from our end as a big bang.

http://phys.org/news...antimatter.html

#759 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,950 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

It's possible that our universe sprang from anti-matter universe collapsing in on itself -- thus violently ejecting matter at a high rate as what would be observed from our end as a big bang.

http://phys.org/news...antimatter.html

This kind of stuff is intensely interesting to me although I can't begin to fathom a lot of it.

#760 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,549 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

OK, first, define free will. Then explain why it is you think we have this free will in the first place.

Also, if it's me? I either come down in all of my splendor and lay down the fuging law, face to face, or I do nothing and say "hey, I don't give a poo. Wanna suffer and lead to others suffering? Go for it. Hope they don't get tired of your poo and rise up against you, you evil fugers". 

It's truly that simple. And, again, THE ONE TIME man (in the bible) comes together to work together and do some great things....god literally thinks "they can do anything if they are all speaking the same language and are within close proximity to each other...soooooooo let's confuse the poo out of them".

You keep conveniently ignoring that part.

yeah that's better.now I see.

#761 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,861 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

This kind of stuff is intensely interesting to me although I can't begin to fathom a lot of it.

It's mind bending, but easier for me to believe than the idea that the "stuff" of the universe has a finite age

#762 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:22 AM

Some things we just aren't meant to understand.

#763 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,091 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

Like magnets, how do they work?

#764 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,297 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

Fortunately, you don't have to know how the universe was created to discount what the Bible says.

How I know the Bible is not true...

BZIaiM6CIAAf7-E.jpg

#765 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,104 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

Barnes and noble: heathens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users