CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Excerpt from Rick Bonnell article

An aside on his two seasons at Duke: McRoberts said playing for Mike Krzyzewski “wasn’t the best fit for me, that’s all I’ll say … I probably stayed longer than I should have.”)

I guess Okafor didn't get the memo.

#2 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

An aside on his two seasons at Duke: McRoberts said playing for Mike Krzyzewski “wasn’t the best fit for me, that’s all I’ll say … I probably stayed longer than I should have.”)

WHAT? The dookie system isn't conducive to potential NBA prospects- ESPECIALLY bigs? You're Kidding! 

I read K's comments a few weeks ago after the embarrassing upset to Mercer, and he said "we're going to run our offense through Okafor." 

Fist, that was probably K's last subtle manipulation play on Parker, and it was also when I think everyone knew that Jabari was leaving regardless of what was being said by media folks. Secondly, "offense going through Okafor" - I'll believe that when I see it. Okafor's job is going to be setting screens up top and then lurking down low for boards. Any points he scores are going to have to come through putbacks or if his boyfriend Tyus passes him the ball. Not to mention the dookies are going to be lacking that signature "stretch 4" that K has always had when his team is a legit acc/national title contender. 

I know K is recently recruiting at a level he's never been at before, snagging big time NBA prospects..etc, but it hasn't been working out for him. What, 4 tourney wins the past three seasons sandwiched between two extremely embarrassing first round knock outs. And yes, I know he won the national title in '10 but look at the players on that team. Euroleague players and career NBA bench warmers. 

#3 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

That was an amazing personnel move by Cho. McRoberts was wasting away deep on the bench of a bad team. He's played very well for the bobcats and after reading comments like these; I am liking this dude more by the day. 

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,960 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

JJ from The Observer tweeted out this quote a little earlier today and the dookies were out in full affect bashing McBob and praising K.

#5 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

JJ from The Observer tweeted out this quote a little earlier today and the dookies were out in full affect bashing McBob and praising K.

McRoberts is def one of those dudes from duke who I thought was going to be there for 4 years. Another one of those typical "stretch 4" guys I've been talking about that Ratface absolutely must have to have a top team. 

#6 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

Something else I was going to mention to you, but I forgot which thread I posted it in...go google and check out the recent comments from Okafor regarding the 1 and done rule in college. Someone from I think it was SI got an interview with him and his Dad about the one and done rule possibly being changed to a 2/3 and done rule, and both of them did not sound pleased to hear it. Okafor sounds like he doesn't even want to be in college this year. 

Duke's got the hype (they always do, just like this year lol) and there's a good chance they open up at preseason #1 but I'm not worried about them at all. They'll be competitive but relying on freshmen...man I dunno. Those dudes would have probably been better off going to Kentucky. Really think it's going to be UNC or UVA that wins the ACC.  

#7 McDumbAss

McDumbAss

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

It should've been common sense that he doesn't like K.

He was a lock to go top 5 after his freshman year & K coerced him into coming back. Then he was wasted & misused & fell to the 2nd round.

#8 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,058 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

WHAT? The dookie system isn't conducive to potential NBA prospects- ESPECIALLY bigs? You're Kidding! 

I read K's comments a few weeks ago after the embarrassing upset to Mercer, and he said "we're going to run our offense through Okafor." 

Fist, that was probably K's last subtle manipulation play on Parker, and it was also when I think everyone knew that Jabari was leaving regardless of what was being said by media folks. Secondly, "offense going through Okafor" - I'll believe that when I see it. Okafor's job is going to be setting screens up top and then lurking down low for boards. Any points he scores are going to have to come through putbacks or if his boyfriend Tyus passes him the ball. Not to mention the dookies are going to be lacking that signature "stretch 4" that K has always had when his team is a legit acc/national title contender. 

I know K is recently recruiting at a level he's never been at before, snagging big time NBA prospects..etc, but it hasn't been working out for him. What, 4 tourney wins the past three seasons sandwiched between two extremely embarrassing first round knock outs. And yes, I know he won the national title in '10 but look at the players on that team. Euroleague players and career NBA bench warmers. 

i don't think in McRoberts case this is on k. he is a talent but was not as good as he thought he was while at dook.I don't think he is a good example of the program not preparing  or being conducive to NBA prospects.McRoberts was his own worst enemy at dook.

#9 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

It never really worked out for sure.

#10 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:44 AM

McBob has a weird skill set for the college game. He needed to play the stretch 4 but K actually played him at Center. That's a case of not having the right roster for a guy.

#11 BigBoss

BigBoss

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Lol you think UNC is going to win the ACC? There's a surprise nobody expected!!!

#12 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

UNC fan here, don't think this is a knock on Dook at all. Let's face it K is one of the best coaches of all time. He has proven himself at the college level and with professionals, generally players rave about him. 

He wasn't the right fit, happens all the time. 

#13 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

It could have gone better but that happens sometimes.

#14 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

It could have gone better but that happens sometimes.

Yeah, some dudes just don't live up to the hype. UNC has had a few of those guys. One of them just declared for the NBA draft and the other one is graduating after being suspended for 15 games to start the year.

But some guys get sucked into the wrong system from lies, coach speak, and mirages in some places. We will see how much of a hit Okafor's stock will take next season after a year in Durham.

#15 WOW!!

WOW!!

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

Yeah Being at Duke really hurt big men like Brand, Williams, or any of the Plumlees.

Sheldon goes to any other school doesn't become a top 5 pick.

Miles goes to any other school and he doesn't get drafted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com