Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McRoberts Interesting Comment On Coach K

93 posts in this topic

Posted

hardly a Ghost town either way. More go to the FB games than BB. so the ghost town comment is ridiculous.

Have you ever been to a unc football game?  Have you ever seen one on TV?  You guys live in some kind of fantasy world!  Fans, media and others have complained about unc football attendance for years but you guys want to tray and say there isn't a problem.  They had poor attendance the past few years, you can see all the empty seats on TV or hear all the sports media tweet about all the empty seats at kenan.

More go to FB than BB, really Sherlock?  The football stadium seats 63,000 and the basketball venue seats 22,000 great work there.

Posted

Have you ever been to a unc football game?  Have you ever seen one on TV?  You guys live in some kind of fantasy world!  Fans, media and others have complained about unc football attendance for years but you guys want to tray and say there isn't a problem.  They had poor attendance the past few years, you can see all the empty seats on TV or hear all the sports media tweet about all the empty seats at kenan.

More go to FB than BB, really Sherlock?  The football stadium seats 63,000 and the basketball venue seats 22,000 great work there.

you said Ghost town and none of what you said after shows ghost town. your comparison was with BB and the FB games draw more than the BB games. it is simple math. So maybe ghost town is not quite correct.I would say ghost town is like the GT spring game. So again "ghost town" is ridiculous.

Posted

you said Ghost town and none of what you said after shows ghost town. your comparison was with BB and the FB games draw more than the BB games. it is simple math. So maybe ghost town is not quite correct.I would say ghost town is like the GT spring game. So again "ghost town" is ridiculous.

When did I ever compare basketball games to football games? You can't compare the two since most basketball venues hold around 15,000 and most football venues hold 60,000. Hell if the football stadium is only 1/3 of the way full it's most likely more than the number of people attending a single basketball game.

Posted

Yeah I find it hilarious when unc fans want to try and call out Duke fans for only pulling for Duke in basketball, kenan stadium has been a ghost town for years now.  

right here the context is only pulling for BB. Either way there is no ghost town in BKS and certainly has not been one for years.

Posted

right here the context is only pulling for BB. Either way there is no ghost town in BKS and certainly has not been one for years.

Look like I have said my wife went to unc her whole family are unc fans, I live in a neighborhood that several of my neighbors are dentist and oral surgeons that went to unc so I know a little about what's going on.  My neighbors are season ticket holders for unc football and they constantly complain about the crowds at the games that along with several articles that I have read that said the same thing.  Not to mention all the media I follow on twitter that talked about the small crowds at the games this past season.  I know you want to defend your team but come on, pick your battles.  

Posted

I presented facts saying it was 82% full ON AVERAGE. ex the game vs old dominion might have had significantly less while the Duke game was a few tix from a sellout. That's not even a good number and some would describe it as a ghost down. 1 in 5 seats being empty isn't that good. Y'all are arguing over nothing.

Posted

I presented facts saying it was 82% full ON AVERAGE. ex the game vs old dominion might have had significantly less while the Duke game was a few tix from a sellout. That's not even a good number and some would describe it as a ghost down. 1 in 5 seats being empty isn't that good. Y'all are arguing over nothing.

I am saying the numbers are skewed.  No way was kenan 82% full for Middle Tenn St, BC, UVA, or ODU and that is over half of your home games.  My whole point is unc fans are basketball fans first just like Duke fans are and for unc fans to try and call out Duke fans for not being Duke football fans is ludicrous.  I know many unc fans who don't pull for unc in football.

A lot of empty seats for it to be a sellout!

post-972-0-64267400-1399313715_thumb.jpg

Posted

I am saying the numbers are skewed.  No way was kenan 82% full for Middle Tenn St, BC, UVA, or ODU and that is over half of your home games.  My whole point is unc fans are basketball fans first just like Duke fans are and for unc fans to try and call out Duke fans for not being Duke football fans is ludicrous.  I know many unc fans who don't pull for unc in football.

A lot of empty seats for it to be a sellout!

Thats the new endzone they put in a couple years ago, the "Blue zone" or something.  It always looks like that because they've got a full buffet and poo for the people sitting in that section

1 person likes this

Posted

Thats the new endzone they put in a couple years ago, the "Blue zone" or something.  It always looks like that because they've got a full buffet and poo for the people sitting in that section

So do you think it was 80% full for ODU, MTSU, UVA, and BC?

Posted

So do you think it was 80% full for ODU, MTSU, UVA, and BC?

Probably less than 80%

Thats how averages work

Posted

Way to derail a thread BCD... This is the CBB forum, not CFB.

This thread is about McRoberts and Coach K, not UNC football.

Get back on track.

Posted

Way to derail a thread BCD... This is the CBB forum, not CFB.

This thread is about McRoberts and Coach K, not UNC football.

Get back on track.

Go back and check again, it was mrtrd that derailed the thread with football talk just like he has done in the "This is Pathetic" thread.