Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beer recommendation thread

120 posts in this topic

Posted

Dude you're getting way too pumped up. I don't want to hear your life story and why you drink cheap beer and your dads a millionaire. I don't care.

Let the men go back to talking about good beer recommendation and you get back to studying.

Ahh, my life story.

*Clears throat*

So it all began back in 1994... I was born to a Connecticutensian mother and a British-Rhodesian father in the harsh lands of New Hanover County. I was a relatively normal child just living his days racing big-wheels and spitting game at my fellow toddler feminine counterparts. All was well in the world of SIOS, and the neighborhood lived in perfect harmony.

Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked...

Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named... Well, it was me. And although my airbending skills are great, I have a lot to learn before I'm ready to save anyone. But I believe I can save the world.

Posted

not really that underground but Arrogant Bastard Ale has really grown on me

Definitely one of the best, but most of those beers are close to 500 calories which is a little ridic...

Posted

Pliny The Elder from Russian River is great. Ballast Pointe Sculpin is really good. I'm also a big fan of Tricerahops from Ninkasi.

Posted

Anyone else use growlers? Stainless steel or glass? Where do you get them filled?

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I have three growlers right now in my garage fridge. I fill them up at the three local breweries by me; Altamont Beer Works, Working Man Brewery, and Eight Bridges Brewery. All of them are here in Livermore, CA. The initial $23-25 sucks but it's like $10 to fill your growler after that for 4 pints so that's pretty sweet. My neighbor appreciates good beer and comes over to shoot pool and play darts so I usually kill a growler with him.

Posted

Are they glass or steel? I can buy a glass one for $12

Posted

Asheville Brewing Ninja Porter won the World Beer Cup Gold Medal.

Not sure how I feel about that, as there are two breweries within 100 yards or so of Asheville Brewing that have remarkably better Porters.

I mean, it's a good Porter and I love their food, but that was very surprising to me.

Posted

My growler collection. Only one filled right now with Rampant IPA.

post-15341-140016652369_thumb.jpg

post-15341-140016653376_thumb.jpg

post-15341-140016654332_thumb.jpg

post-15341-140016652369_thumb.jpg

post-15341-140016653376_thumb.jpg

post-15341-140016654332_thumb.jpg

Posted

I've got 2 growlers one 64 and one 32 oz both glass.

I had to bump because I've discovered my new favorite beer: Grand Cru Rodenbach. It's a pure Belgium red sour ale. If you like sours, this one takes the cake and it's not too expensive. Awesome awesome awesome

Posted

For IPA's I really enjoy Hop Nosh, dogfish head 90 minute, and Stone. I also like foothills brewery Death by Hops.

I went through a Chimay phase which I really like but is pretty expensive to drink all the time.

Red Oak brewery in whitsett, nc makes some good beers as well. I like battlefield.

And if I'm in the mood to drink 12 beers, I'll go with miller lite.

Posted

I've got a few growlers but rarely get them filed cuz I also have two five gallon kegs. I'm currently drinking a barrel aged porter i made.

Posted

Pliny The Elder from Russian River is great. Ballast Pointe Sculpin is really good. I'm also a big fan of Tricerahops from Ninkasi.

A buddy of mine is a big fan of Pliny the Elder, but I haven't been able to find it in charlotte nc.

Since you're in California, have you ever seen Kilkenny Stout? It's made by Guinness but I can't find it anywhere.

Posted

A buddy of mine is a big fan of Pliny the Elder, but I haven't been able to find it in charlotte nc.

Since you're in California, have you ever seen Kilkenny Stout? It's made by Guinness but I can't find it anywhere.

Dont think you can get Pliny here.