Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 FAs to fix the Hornets

88 posts in this topic

Posted

yea MKG's jumper is gone beyond hope.

I say give Mark price another off-season before we make a final judgement.

2 people like this

Posted

I just can't seem to buy into Lance Stephenson.

There are no FAs that really get me going this yr expect a nice backup PG in Shaun Livingston. IMO we need a SG more than anything and I don't see any that I really like this year. Oh and Melo/Kevin Love are pipe dreams I think. 

1 person likes this

Posted

LEBRON!!!!!!!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Kevin Love!!

Posted

SHOOTERS!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

I say give Mark price another off-season before we make a final judgement.

that's a fair point, but he is never going to live up to the #2 pick in the draft expectations (not his fault at all) 

I like MKG, but he isn't anything more than Tony Allen- we have to get a two way player at the SG or SF position if we want to be an elite team 

1 person likes this

Posted

MKG should have a starting spot as long as Al Jefferson is on this team. He makes up for Big Al's bad defense. It's unusual to have a SF as your team's rim protector but that's exactly what MKG is for the Bobcats.

Posted

that's a fair point, but he is never going to live up to the #2 pick in the draft expectations (not his fault at all)

I like MKG, but he isn't anything more than Tony Allen- we have to get a two way player at the SG or SF position if we want to be an elite team

Imo MKG has a higher ceiling then Hendo. Add in his potential in defense, rebounding , and being a point forward type. I say the replacement needs to be at SG.

2 people like this

Posted

Imo MKG has a higher ceiling then Hendo. Add in his potential in defense, rebounding , and being a point forward type. I say the replacement needs to be at SG.

again fair point, the problem is the league is lacking a lot of two way players at the SG position currently. 

Posted

again fair point, the problem is the league is lacking a lot of two way players at the SG position currently.

At this point we just need a guy who can be a consistent 2nd or 3rd scoring option on the team.

I love Hendo but he didn't make the strides as a confident outside shooter I thought he would be.

Posted

Would love to find the next Joe Johnson type.... that is the kind of player we need. 

Posted

I think one of the common misconceptions is that all players on the floor must be a scorer. Usually a team has a defensive anchor in the middle but that is something that we don't/won't have and with good reason. Al as good as he is for our team will never be confused with a defensive anchor. 

1. PG - Kemba (Scorer and this yr a much improved distribuidor) 

2. SG - Unknown ( I want a pure shooter, a young Ray Allen type)

3. SF - MKG (I feel like he will be a great player for us if he can develop some type of consistent jumper. I don't care if he ever is able to shoot threes but a consistent 15 footer is a necessity)

4. PF - McBob/Zeller (Not a bad combo but I think McBob will opt out after this yr. The question is whether or not we pay to keep him. Zeller seems to be a player but has got to get better with that jumper.) 

5. C - Big Al (Beast offensively and serviceable defensively)

* So basically we get a great SG who can shoot the 3 and I think that we are going to be a very dangerous team. We don't need MKG to be an amazing scorer but we need him to not be a liability.