• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#31 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

MKG should have a starting spot as long as Al Jefferson is on this team. He makes up for Big Al's bad defense. It's unusual to have a SF as your team's rim protector but that's exactly what MKG is for the Bobcats.

#32 WOW!!

WOW!!

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

that's a fair point, but he is never going to live up to the #2 pick in the draft expectations (not his fault at all)

I like MKG, but he isn't anything more than Tony Allen- we have to get a two way player at the SG or SF position if we want to be an elite team

Imo MKG has a higher ceiling then Hendo. Add in his potential in defense, rebounding , and being a point forward type. I say the replacement needs to be at SG.

#33 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,868 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

Imo MKG has a higher ceiling then Hendo. Add in his potential in defense, rebounding , and being a point forward type. I say the replacement needs to be at SG.

again fair point, the problem is the league is lacking a lot of two way players at the SG position currently. 

#34 WOW!!

WOW!!

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

again fair point, the problem is the league is lacking a lot of two way players at the SG position currently.

At this point we just need a guy who can be a consistent 2nd or 3rd scoring option on the team.
I love Hendo but he didn't make the strides as a confident outside shooter I thought he would be.

#35 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:44 AM

Would love to find the next Joe Johnson type.... that is the kind of player we need. 

#36 yasuhara2241

yasuhara2241

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

I think one of the common misconceptions is that all players on the floor must be a scorer. Usually a team has a defensive anchor in the middle but that is something that we don't/won't have and with good reason. Al as good as he is for our team will never be confused with a defensive anchor. 

1. PG - Kemba (Scorer and this yr a much improved distribuidor) 

2. SG - Unknown ( I want a pure shooter, a young Ray Allen type)

3. SF - MKG (I feel like he will be a great player for us if he can develop some type of consistent jumper. I don't care if he ever is able to shoot threes but a consistent 15 footer is a necessity)

4. PF - McBob/Zeller (Not a bad combo but I think McBob will opt out after this yr. The question is whether or not we pay to keep him. Zeller seems to be a player but has got to get better with that jumper.) 

5. C - Big Al (Beast offensively and serviceable defensively)

* So basically we get a great SG who can shoot the 3 and I think that we are going to be a very dangerous team. We don't need MKG to be an amazing scorer but we need him to not be a liability.  

#37 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

Please don't overpay for Stephenson.

Someone is going to. His name has also been one popping up a lot (in the wrong way) with the recent locker room dysfunction talk in Indy.  

#38 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

I think I'm a little more comfortable with them taking the draft route with acquiring a shooter/sg. I don't have the FA list in front of me, but I've soured on Stephenson. There still may be another guy that I would be interested in but this is going to be a good year to get a shooter from a DP. 

#39 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

Y'all are crazy if you think Stephenson doesnt fit this team from a basketball perspective.  He takes some of the creative burden off Kemba, if you stagger his minutes he can be the backup PG (play him in the backcourt with Gary Neal or something), and he would be the second best 3 point shooter on the team.  Not to mention hes 23 and still improving

Now if you think hes a bad fit off the court, thats a legit argument.  Hes been getting cocky this year after everyone talked him up in last years playoffs and earlier this season, and getting a big ego to early can really hurt a player's game

#40 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

Y'all are crazy if you think Stephenson doesnt fit this team from a basketball perspective.  He takes some of the creative burden off Kemba, if you stagger his minutes he can be the backup PG (play him in the backcourt with Gary Neal or something), and he would be the second best 3 point shooter on the team.  Not to mention hes 23 and still improving

My argument would be that you could say this exact same thing, word for word, with Gordon Hayward (except he's 24, but only 5 months older than Stephenson). He's a better offensive player and has no off-court concerns as well. I would pay more for Hayward than I would for Stephenson.

#41 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

My argument would be that you could say this exact same thing, word for word, with Gordon Hayward (except he's 24, but only 5 months older than Stephenson). He's a better offensive player and has no off-court concerns as well. I would pay more for Hayward than I would for Stephenson.

The difference is Utah is going to match any offer to Hayward (a restricted FA). I would like him too but realistically I cant us getting him

Stephenson is very much available

#42 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

The difference is Utah is going to match any offer to Hayward (a restricted FA). I would like him too but realistically I cant us getting him

Stephenson is very much available

pay him max. fug it

#43 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

I dont think either Lance or Hayward is really going to be an option. 

Talked with my friend in Indiana about Lance and they love him. He said they really want him back and trading Danny Granger was really a move motivated by resigning Lance. Turner will be set free after the season.... Just his opinion on the team. 

#44 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

The one position that an be easily upgraded is the backup PG.  LR is really bad and Kemba has some shitacular nights and also gets dinged up some.  

Hendo's game has dropped off since he got that contract.  I think you can have one of Hendo and MKG on the team, but not both.  

I'm cautiously hoping that Zeller continues to improve and replaces McBob.  McBob is needed for ball movement, but he isn't a great rebounder and occasionally disappears for games.

#45 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,066 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

Hendo holds back the offense bc you dont know what you will get from him.

He has the skills to be a solid shooting guard but he is content to pass the ball and still has not progressed as a good outside threat but has the range.

It just seems like a work ethic thing and he is still too lefty strong which makes him super guardable.

Its sad bc he has elite athletic ability but just seems not to have the Bball IQ you want from a guard. More just a good athlete off the bench...i hate that his second half of last season is his outlier and not what he seemingly was becoming.

Fool us once...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users