87 replies to this topic

#46 Chuckie

Chuckie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

Didn't McRoberts take less money when he signed the contract bc he felt we was actually wanted here. I don't see him leaving bc of this.

#47 Care-Oh-Linuh

Care-Oh-Linuh

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

We need more than just a "solid" 3rd option.
I don't care how much you hate Lance or if you can't seem to warm up to him, the guy can play ball. If you want to win, you better pray we grab him for the long run before anyone else.

On another note, I hate mkg as our 3. However, We could deal with a defense only guy at the 3 if we got a potential allstar at 2. It all makes sense, you just have to put aside personal opinion.

As far as money goes, we have plenty. We could sign a max plus more next year. Even if we overpay a great player, we are in position to secure what we have and add better role players.

I believe we find out how much our front office wants to win this offseason. Very important for us.

#48 Care-Oh-Linuh

Care-Oh-Linuh

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationKannapolis, NC

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

I disagree with bringing in melo entirely because of age.

I don't just want to win once and go back to below .500 2-3 years later. I want to build a team that forms a reputation of winning so that we are able to be a solid team year in year out.
Players want to win.(most of them)

#49 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

Someone is going to.

I just can't stand the thought of it being us.

#50 DRSundrop

DRSundrop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

I think Blatche would be a nice big off the bench for Al. Will probably need a backup pg and while I respect Sessions, My first option would be Devin Harris and then Patty Mills. While those guys are unrestricted, the one restricted that jumps out at me is Chandler Parsons. Chandler would be a fantastic number 3 option for us behind Al and Kemba.

#51 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,628 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:38 AM

Blatche is one of the guys I'd like to add.

I don't want to give up on Biz because he still has some untapped potential in my opinion, but if our goal is to win now then we need an immediate upgrade at the backup center position.

Biz is only 21 and doesn't have many miles on his body so letting him sit and develop for an extra two years while playing sparingly isn't necessarily a bad thing. A guy like Biz (who doesn't have many miles) could easily play until he's 35.

Personally, I think we should amnesty Haywood and sign Andray Blatche/Jason Smith/Emeka Okafor to back up Al and give us bench production at the five spot.

C: Jefferson, Blatche/Smith/Okafor, Biyombo

#52 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:37 AM

Cant amnesty... used it on Tyrus Thomas. Only get 1. Just cut Haywood if we don't want him its only for 2 mill.

Parsons would be a guy I would like, I would take him way before I'd consider Gordon Hayward. 

Not sure on Blatche, like his skills but he is a bit of a headcase Washington begged people to take from them. I would rather look to Ed Davis, Jason Smith, Jordan Hill or Patrick Patterson. Stay with the youth and continue to build. Any of them could have potential to take backup min behind Zeller 2-3 yrs down the road. 

#53 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

We can't amnesty Haywood. In fact, we picked him up from Dallas after they amnestied him. They are on the hook for most of his salary.

#54 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,628 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

Cant amnesty... used it on Tyrus Thomas. Only get 1. Just cut Haywood if we don't want him its only for 2 mill.

Parsons would be a guy I would like, I would take him way before I'd consider Gordon Hayward.

Not sure on Blatche, like his skills but he is a bit of a headcase Washington begged people to take from them. I would rather look to Ed Davis, Jason Smith, Jordan Hill or Patrick Patterson. Stay with the youth and continue to build. Any of them could have potential to take backup min behind Zeller 2-3 yrs down the road.

Tyrus's contract is up this year I thought, and Blatche has been fine in Brooklyn; no problems whatsoever.

Nvm, clause doesn't reset until 2016.

#55 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • LocationBurlington

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

Amnesty was a one-time-only thing, though it'll probably be brought back after the next lockout.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#56 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

Parsons over Hayward? Da fug?!? lol

#57 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

Parsons over Hayward? Da fug?!? lol

Parsons- 38 MPG, 16.6 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 4 APG, Shoots 47% (That is also a career avg) with 37% from three. 75% Free Throw shooter and averages 1.9 turnovers a game.

Hayward- 36 MPG, 16.2 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 5.2 APG, shoots 41% and 30% from three. 81% free throws and averages 2.8 turnovers a game. 

Parsons is a better shooter who can still attack the rim off the dribble. He would fit in nice with Kemba and kick-outs from Big Al. Parsons is same size and has more athleticism. Parsons is a better player than people give credit. Always gets overlooked but provides top 10 SF numbers. Hayward is a good player but to laugh at the other option when stats show the truth. 

#58 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

Tyrus's contract is up this year I thought, and Blatche has been fine in Brooklyn; no problems whatsoever.

Nvm, clause doesn't reset until 2016.

All good, I would be hesitant to mess with team chemistry for a player with that many questions and not great reward. At best he is a fill in starter to good backup... Not worth the risk to me when others are comparable players with less questions. 

#59 Omega Atrocity

Omega Atrocity

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • LocationWestern NC

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

Parsons- 38 MPG, 16.6 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 4 APG, Shoots 47% (That is also a career avg) with 37% from three. 75% Free Throw shooter and averages 1.9 turnovers a game.

Hayward- 36 MPG, 16.2 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 5.2 APG, shoots 41% and 30% from three. 81% free throws and averages 2.8 turnovers a game. 

Parsons is a better shooter who can still attack the rim off the dribble. He would fit in nice with Kemba and kick-outs from Big Al. Parsons is same size and has more athleticism. Parsons is a better player than people give credit. Always gets overlooked but provides top 10 SF numbers. Hayward is a good player but to laugh at the other option when stats show the truth. 

While I agree that Parsons is a better player and I would prefer him, Hayward has a much heavier offensive burden on him on a terrible Utah team than Parsons does on a really loaded (at least offensively) roster.

#60 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • LocationBurlington

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:47 PM

Parsons isn't going anywhere. His contract is structured so that if they can't reach a long-term deal, Houston has the option to keep him cheap for one more year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users