Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Scholarly research: Risk at Positions of Need (heavy reading)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,294 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

You would love that site then...they have full game tapes of prospects "cut up" to make it to where you can see a players every snap...I-lineman obviously show u every offensive snap but they still consolidate to a matter of minutes

I'll check it out.

I don't care for "highlight reel" scouting where you just see all the good plays.

#17 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

I'll check it out.

I don't care for "highlight reel" scouting where you just see all the good plays.

Exactly! That site is amazing come draft time...I visit it more than any others when forming opinions on prospects. Literally shows you every snap from full games good and bad...

#18 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,116 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

I'll check it out.

But they always feature such great soundtracks!

#19 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,405 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

IMO, the guy makes a lot of sense. Almost backs up what Gman says he wants to do. I think I may just be beginning to see the light. Nah, just farted to hard.

#20 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,026 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

In the Marcus Martin thread you were arguing with JOAT that reaching for need was better than going BPA.

So which is it?

Well sir it depends because the talent is deeper at wr doesn't mean we should take some 3rd round tackle because everyone feels we should. I just don't think we need to grab a lesser talent in a draft where the pick is just not there. I'm all for getting moses if he is there but,all this benito and turner talk is getting out of hand. With the injuries to thomas and cyrus i just don't think the value is going to be there at tackle.My point was to grab need within reason. The sky is not falling just because gross is gone and i think cyrus will be there in the second(maybe not when we pick).  I don't see any agruement you can make that makes grabing anyone out side of lewhan martin or moses possible.

#21 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,719 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

Well sir it depends because the talent is deeper at wr doesn't mean we should take some 3rd round tackle because everyone feels we should. I just don't think we need to grab a lesser talent in a draft where the pick is just not there. I'm all for getting moses if he is there but,all this benito and turner talk is getting out of hand. With the injuries to thomas and cyrus i just don't think the value is going to be there at tackle.My point was to grab need within reason. The sky is not falling just because gross is gone and i think cyrus will be there in the second(maybe not when we pick). I don't see any agruement you can make that makes grabing anyone out side of lewhan martin or moses possible.

If Gett takes either of then at 28, then I guarantee one thing...they did NOT have a 3rd round grade on them.

#22 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,026 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

If Gett takes either of then at 28, then I guarantee one thing...they did NOT have a 3rd round grade on them.

Well lets hope getts knows something most of the recruiting world doesn't know. I understand the need for a franchise tackle I am not a scout by any means,I just dont see a first round tackle being there when we pick. Let's see If he holds true to his BPA rehash that he tells the media.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com