Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The last five Panther drafts (Where are they now?)

52 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Names out of that list that make me wince...

Joe Adams

Terrell McClain

Sione Fua

Brandon Hogan

Tony Pike

Duke Robinson

And of course the obvious ones like Armanti Edwards, Jimmy Clausen and Everette Brown.

I'm trying to remember how it was that I ever imagined a perennially contending Panthers team led by the combo of Clausen to Edwards :wacko:

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hurney Magic

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

That's pretty standard fair.  You can look at many teams and see the same thing.   The average NFL player career is 3.5 years.  The build through the draft philosophy is based developing your core through the draft and picking up small pieces through trade and free agency.  The build through the draft means you aren't going to spend big money with FA.

So basically we have:

QB of the future

MLB of the future along with AJ Klein who looks like he can play a long time as well.

DT's of the future

DE's of the future (hopefully)

Now we have to sure up the other parts....

If you look at other people drafts it's not much better than ours tbh.

Posted · Report post

It is not surprising that we had so much churn since 2009 with a new head coach and a new GM.  Obviously they do not value the talent we had the same as Hurney and Fox did.  Lets see how we do over the next few years if there is any consistency at the coaching and GM position. Gettleman is still turning over the roster this year as well.

Posted · Report post

That's pretty standard fair.  You can look at many teams and see the same thing.   The average NFL player career is 3.5 years.  The build through the draft philosophy is based developing your core through the draft and picking up small pieces through trade and free agency.  The build through the draft means you aren't going to spend big money with FA.

So basically we have:

QB of the future

MLB of the future along with AJ Klein who looks like he can play a long time as well.

DT's of the future

DE's of the future (hopefully)

Now we have to sure up the other parts....

If you look at other people drafts it's not much better than ours tbh.

The last two years skew things a little in the overall results.

I'll grant that there's a lot of turnover in the league, but three whole drafts netting only two players is awful.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

This was fun AND painful to read.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Speaking of former draft picks I saw Dewayne Jarrett at the Harris Teeter this weekend.  He wasn't looking like he would be making a comeback anytime soon.

Posted · Report post

Speaking of former draft picks I saw Dewayne Jarrett at the Harris Teeter this weekend.  He wasn't looking like he would be making a comeback anytime soon.

Officially he's 'retired' :unsure:

That pass Jarrett caught from Matt Moore at the end of the 2009 season to beat the Saints had me thinking maybe the light would come on and we might get something going there.

Yeah... :(

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Officially he's 'retired' :unsure:

That pass Jarrett caught from Matt Moore at the end of the 2009 season to beat the Saints had me thinking maybe the light would come on and we might get something going there.

Yeah... :(

That was the second time I've seen him up close.  The first time was right after we drafted him and I was in shock at how big that dude was.  When I saw him this weekend he was thin as a rail and looked like someone that would be hanging out on N. Tryon. 

Posted · Report post

That was the second time I've seen him up close.  The first time was right after we drafted him and I was in shock at how big that dude was.  When I saw him this weekend he was thin as a rail and looked like someone that would be hanging out on N. Tryon. 

Ouch :(

Posted · Report post

Love to see that breakdown with some other teams in the league... looks pretty sketchy to me.