I re-watched game one against the 49ers, and I picked up on some things that really had me thinking about the divisional match-up.
1. I hope Chase Blackburn plays up to the level AJ Klein did in the first meeting. Klein played almost mistake free. He played fast and stout at the point of attack. When he dropped into coverage, he didn't get beat once. It was easy to see because obviously they were game planning to try and expose the rookie.
2. We really had some big miscues on the o-line by Chandler, and I believe that he has progressed on the basic mental assignments that he struggled with in that game.
3. There were some crucial drops that stalled some promising drives.
4. We completely owned Kaepernick. He looked horrible and the only play they didn't make was the drop by the TE towards the end of the third. Other than that, we dominated their offense and kept them super uncomfortable.
5. If we make the plays we didn't(i.e. pass drops, int drops, and routine 0-line blitz pick-up), we will dominate this game.
Kaepernick is still a one read QB who only excels against terrible defenses. I am not worried about their gameplan as our defense matches up against their offense better than any defense in the league. Why would we struggle against Michael Crabtree when we have faced far superior recievers all season? Analysts should be choosing Carolina!