On free agency and the locker room:
- Still uses free agency to set up the team to be able to take best available player in the draft. Feels we are "darn close" to being able to do that.
- Not every guy can be a probowl player but you have to understand each player's niche and how that helps the team get better.
- Feels it is important to send a message to the locker room that if you play well and do the right things, we will take care of you (says this in reference to Greg Olsen's new deal).
- Says that last year when we were 3-8-1 if the locker room was toxic, we would have finished at 3-12-1. But we have a strong locker room that believes in Rivera and in what we do.
On Michael Oher:
- Not a good fit in Tennessee
- Oher has a great relationship with John Matzko and loves how he teaches techniques of the position
- Went back and watched 3 years of film on him and felt that coaching changes were an issue in his play along with injuries.
- Feels like there are two types of guys on your team when you win a Superbowl: Guys you win because of and guys you win in spite of. Really felt Oher was a guy the Ravens won because of (and he was playing left tackle during regular season).
- Feels very good about the signing and having him projected to start.
On Jonathan Stewart and running back depth:
- Feels Stewart really finished the season strong
- First time in 3 offseasons that Stewart hasn't had to have a surgery of any type.
- Really likes Fozzy. Loves his 3rd down abilities and credits his running ability as well.
- Understands depth is an issue but says it will be addressed in the draft (so we know we are targeting a RB at some point).