Brian Quick is freaking awesome. I'll admit it, the past few App State draft picks haven't been all that great (i.e. Armanti Edwards, Dexter Jackson, Corey Lynch) but i've watched this guy play for 4 years & he's the possession receiver we've been needing. Great hands, speed, body frame & work ethics. Nothing like retarded Dwayne Jarrett. I'd say draft him sometime in the 3rd-4th round if possible
Quit b*tching like 13 year old girls. Cam's simply a rookie, we've lost a lot of good defensive players this season, the Titan's played excellent D today & we should have won at least 5 of those losses. Let's just hope the best. I'll be happy with at least a 4-12. We were supposed to have the toughest schedule this year
I was reading Yasinskas's article on espn.com about us being not likely in drafting Cam Newton, which I agree on, but a fan made a great comment towards Gettis/LaFell working together from last year:
I also looked up both Lafells and Gettis's stats. For two guys who basically had no one to throw to them, they both still put up compartively decent numbers. Gettis had 37 catches, 500+ yards and 3 TDs. Lafell had 38, 468, & 1 TD.
Now compared to say higher draft picks like first rounders Thomas and Bryant: Thomas and Bryant - 22 games, 67 catches, 844 yards, 6 TDs with QBs Romo/Kitna and Orton. Now Gettis and Lafell - 29 games, 75, 976, 4 with Moore/Clausen/Pike etc etc as the QBs. Looking at the bigger picture, it seems to me that both Gettis and Lafell did pretty darn well all things considered. Incredibly worse QB situation, conservative playcalling, and having to learn how to sneak around as to avoid the hourly Smith beatdown.
I say sign a decent FA QB to start next year & teach Clausen how to play like an NFL QB & not let the fear get to your head.
P.S. The Bears just released DT Tommy Harris. Would it be a good idea to sign him for a year or two?
Now, think to yourself & be honest: Who do you think we'll draft 1st in the 2011 draft? I have three predictions...
1) Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama (He'd boost our D-line up big time)
2) Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU (Too good to pass)
3) Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford (If the new coach doesn't have any faith in any of our QBs)
1) Fox will not start Armanti Edwards at QB unless he absolutely has to (even though I'm a supporter for him to start). Fox is that stubborn
2) We're not going to draft another QB in the 1st-2nd round next year. Doesn't make sense.
3) We're aren't going to trade neither Williams nor Stewart after this year. Probably just re-sign Williams
4) Clausen's only a rookie & will become a lot better next year. Sanchez & Freeman looked like sh*t a bunch of times last year & now they kick ass.
5) JR has a good reason for being cheap this year, even though he hasn't told us the reason. I have a hunch he'll want to sign an expensive coach & a few good players next year if there isn't a lock-out since he'll have a wallet full of cash.
Now that i've made my point, quit whining & be a real fan. Gonna get some sex now
I say the word "afford" b/c we all know Richardson has become a cheapo. Cowher is likely to be expensive. George Seifert wanted lots of dough when hired & he was still trash. Plus, Pat Yasinkas had a good point in this article:
The best coaches we've hired in the best were "hot" coordinators from another team, such as Fox from NY (i.e. defensive coordinator), not former head coaches. So give me a list of coordinators/coaches, other than Cowher & Dungy, you think would make a big improvement on the Panthers & we could "afford"