So since we are basically looking to the future who are we going to look at to replace our 2 horrible tackles?
I feel really good about Norwell on our left side With Kalil and Trai Turner on the right.
We obviously need two new tackles to replace Byron "on his ass" Bell and Nate " I should have never been Converted" Chandler.
Here is a list of Tackles coming up in FA and in the draft.
1. Michael Roos: A good Offensive Tackle but with age and Injury concerns with a knee injury he might could be had on the cheap.
2. Doug Free: A decent Right tackle that has also had injury concerns.
3. Bryan Bulaga: Also has had some injuries but is probably going to command some money if he isn't retained by Green Bay.
4. King Dunlap: Has injury concerns as well with two concussions and possibly a third. He is a good Tackle but that many concussions frighten me.
It looks like the free agency class for Offensive tackle is a bit scarce.
Offensive Tackles for the 2015 NFL Draft Tentatively:
Rankings are by CBS sports and may differ from your opinion.
1. Brandon Scherff - Iowa:
Scouts view him as one of the country's most pro-ready offensive linemen due to his size, strength and versatility.
While Scherff stars at left tackle for the Hawkeyes after moving from guard as a junior, he may not possess the elite athleticism NFL teams prefer as a blind-side pass protector.
2. Cedric Ogbuehi- Texas A&M:
He earned the starting job at right guard a year later but suffered an ankle injury in his first game (Arkansas) and missed the next three contests, ultimately playing in 10 games and starting six.
Noticeably stronger, Ogbeuhi (pronounced ah-BOO-hee) took his game to another level in 2012, forming a devastating right side of the offensive line with Matthews. With Matthews flipping to the left side to take over for Joeckel, the Aggies moved Ogbeuhi to the outside in 2013.
3. Andrus Peat - Stanford:
During the Jim Harbaugh-David Shaw era, size and strength have been prioritized over athleticism at virtually every position. In Peat, however, the Cardinal boast a massive blocker with rare athleticism.
So the tackle class looks to not be as good as it was last year but nobody really knows what the future holds.
Discuss your opinions on what you think we should do and link anyone else in free agency or in the draft that you think might be a great fit for us.