I will give you guys some things to think about.
1. Gman makes the infamous statement during Combine week. Just to be hard on Smitty? Really? Or letting the rest of the league know there might be a chance they can have him.
2. Not sure what he will bring in a trade, but Smith himself might have asked for this just to see if he could squeeze a couple more seasons out at big dollars.
He won't get em here. He and Gman might have a deal where Steve can approve the trade as far as location.
3, The fact that the trade talk is being leaked might mean there truly is interest in him. I personally think the Ravens would be a good fit. They lost Boldin and Ray Lewis and just seemed to lose their swagger last season.
4. The reaction here is typical jr high, knee jerk stuff that had to come out. We would see the same stuff next year this time when he had lost an add'l step and costs an add'l million or two. The NFL is not a place where you have 20 yr careers unless you are a kicker. Same people bitching about Smith leaving probably put up "double trouble ain't going nowhere" a few seasons back. The foresight is not incredibly strong here. Smith is firey and a trash talker, but that no longer makes his performance that of a pro bowler, in fact, he has traded his diminishing skill set for trash talk and occasional asshattery. But he is our asshat, so we like it.
5. Cam Newton could actually benefit from this move. He can now claim the offense at a minimum and possibly the team, especially with Gross and Smitty being gone. He had better anyway.
6. One note, this thread would be about 7 pages less if the word "fug" was banned, proving emotion is high and common sense hard to find.
1. When your running a business its best not to commit to anything until you know all the variables.
2. Smith said he wanted to play through 2016. That is the only fact you know. Saying "he's not getting them here" is empty and said absolutely nothing.
3. The fact that there is trade talk is always beneficial to the media and the agents who cook up the stories.
4. Meh I always kind of felt that we overpaid dub trubs, but only to set a precedent for the league in the wage scale for RB's. Our owner was indeed one of the main faces of that ordeal so it only appeared to me that he was trying to express how much value he thought D'lo had. . . and that he wasnt cheap.
5. Cam could actually regress from the move also. We would have to wait and see.
6. Did you read all of the pages? or did you just jump here to the end, Stirs?