Jump to content


Go To Girl

Member Since 26 Nov 2008
Offline Last Active Aug 18 2014 06:51 AM
-----

Topics I've Started

How much can one expect to pay for tickets during the public sale

27 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

found the price range on ticketmaster - so never mind

 


Remember Hope Stout and the Panthers

02 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

Here's what her mom posted on facebook on their page March Forth With Hope Foundation.  They are in the process of getting funding for a about Hope and her wish - it was 10 years ago.  If anybody here would like to help them with this, it would be much appreciated.

 
I need YOUR help!!!It has been 10 years since Hope made her wish! It is the time of year when things started rolling with her wish and Panthers in 2003. It is such a great story of HOPE for the season, I would like to flood ABC, NBC! And Fox and Friends with emails to have them do a story on Hope after 10 years. The panthers are on a roll and Keith's book is out! and I have pudge the cat who needs to be seen! Ha ! The movie funding is about 150,000 from happening. We need another miracle. If you have passion for Hopes story, please consider doing this with us. We are thinking Friday will be the day. We ask you to spread the word to your friends and help this go viral, we will be posting an example of email you can paste and websites in the next day or two! Let's do this! ‪#‎justbelieve‬
 
There are at least a couple of facebook pages for her if you're interested in following them
 
 
 
 

 


Help Local High School Win $100,000 grant (David W Butler HS in Matthews)

24 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hi all - for those who haven't seen me in a while - yes, I still exist.  For those who never heard of me, I'm am oldie.

 

Anyway, I know many of you guys are masters at making the panthers win, so though maybe you could help David W Butler High School in Matthews win in the State Farm Celebrate My Drive contest. 

 

http://www.wbtv.com/...campaign=Buffer

 

They are currently ranked #7 (although it's been fluctuating between #6 and #7 this morning) and have to be in the top 5 on Saturday to be eligible for the prize. I think you can only vote once a day, but every little bit helps.   This was the school my son attended, but he's long gone.  But my daughter will be there one day.  Butler has a real shot at this, so every vote helps. 

Local high schools compete for $100,000 safe driving grant Posted: Oct 22, 2013 9:51 AM EST Updated: Oct 24, 2013 9:05 AM EST
By Jessica Sells - email
23755453_BG1.jpg Butler High School Dream Team
23755453_BG2.jpg Butler High School Dream Team

MATTHEWS, NC (WBTV) -

UPDATE: Thursday 10/24, 9am: Butler High School is now ranked #7. See full story below!

David W. Butler High School in Matthews reached out to WBTV Tuesday morning for help spreading the word about a safe driving competition that could win the school big bucks.

Several high schools in the WBTV viewing area, and thousands of schools nationwide, are taking part in the ‘Celebrate My Drive' competition that could earn them up to $100,000.

According to the competition website, at least 10% of the winnings must be spent in support of a teen driver safety program to benefit the students of the winning school. The other 90% can be spent on school-related needs defined by the winning school and approved by State Farm, the business backing the ‘Celebrate My Drive' competition.

So how does it work?

Every day this week, October 18-26, high schools and community members across the country are making commitments to safe driving. The commitment process is also an educational tool.

The Butler High School Dream Team has been promoting the competition for about two months. They reached out to WBTV because they are currently ranked #13 in the large schools category. They tell us they need to make the top 5 to win the $100,000 grant.

Make your commitment at http://celebratemydrive.com and find the Butler High School Dream team on Twitter @Butler_CMD.

Schools in our viewing area with 100 or more commitments as of Tuesday morning, 10/22:

 Small schools category:

#27:           Avery County HS

#87:           Mitchell HS

#145:         Lincoln Charter School

#170:         John A. Holmes HS

#180:         Performance Learning Center

Large schools category:

#13:           David W. Butler HS

#29:           William Amos Hough HS

#392:         Cary HS

#453:         Rocky River HS

#540:         West Forsyth HS

#556:         NW Cabarrus HS

#566:         Watauga HS

 

 


Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.