Luke Kuechly Photos
Latest Panthers Topics
- Just a week away...1st Round predictions in here
- Nicks to Titans.
- We can throw away the idea that we are drafting an offensive lineman in the first
- 2015 Tailgating Menu's
- Jacksonville Fans... Poor Bastards
- Dear Carolina Panthers FO
- General Draft Prospect Talk
- Greg Hardy suspended 10 games
- Greg Hardy making new friends
- Tj Clemmings has Stress Fracture in his foot
This is about, in my mind, having to make changes to change an atmosphere that really has become a losing environment.
Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy
Hurney hit the nail on the head. The Panthers have absolutely cultured an environment that accepts losing. Of course, they never admit to it. If asked, they immediately say how much they want to win. Easy to say, more difficult to show every day in practice and on Sundays.
The example was set. Lose and everyone still gets a paycheck, sometimes a pay raise. If you had to pinpoint when this started, you may have to look at the Arizona playoff game where Delhomme threw 5 interceptions and was rewarded by a huge contract extension. The Panthers have not had a winning record since.
While Hurney was not on the field or making play calls, he was absolutely integral in creating this "losing environment" that needs to be made with his poor personnel decisions.
It took several seasons for the losing mentality to infect this team. Its something that won't go away this season, or maybe next. But players now realize the days of big paychecks for mediocre play are over. That in itself may start to turn this thing in the right direction.