Latest Panthers Topics
- What would you do if John Fox and the Bears made the playoffs with Jimmy Clausen as QB?
- Mocking the Fifth
- same as last year, Rivera says Cam has got to become a more sound QB
- NFL Free Agency Update Thread
- Panthers worked out Randy Gregory
- Rivera would like to see Cam signed long-term before 2015 season
- SB Nation does not have a clue
- Panthers talk to Greg Jennings
- Time to Get Rid of NFL Compensatory Selections
- Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera thinks Stephen Hill ready to help
Deangelo Williams Restructures Contract
Williams was entering the third season of a five-year, $43 million contract and was scheduled to earn $5 million in cash with an $8.2 million salary cap number for 2013. Williams will still receive $5 million in cash this year, but the deal has been restructured in a way that reduces his cap number to $5 million, a cap savings of $3.2 million that leaves the team $8.46 million under their adjusted 2013 salary cap number of $126.232 million.
Williams was scheduled to earn $4.75 million in non-guaranteed base salary with a $250,000 workout bonus this season. Under the renegotiated contract, Williams' base salary was lowered to $850,000 and his workout bonus reduced to $150,000. The remaining $4 million was converted to a signing bonus, which will be prorated against the Panthers' cap at $800,000 per season through 2017.
The real cash savings for the Panthers occurs in 2014 and 2015. Full Article
Deangelo Williams Carolina Panthers runningback