Luke Kuechly Photos
Latest Panthers Topics
- Charlotte 49ers, OG Daniel Blitch invited to Panthers Rookie Camp
- after draft/FA, which NFC South team is our main competition
- Pete Prisco Appreciation Thread
- 2015 Carolina Panthers Draft - Watercooler Review
- Who will be our third receiver/man the slot?
- Nickname for the Funchess and Benjamin duo
- What do we do now with Nate Chandler?
- La'El Collins may be in play after all
- Gettleman, Rivera: We are better now
Deangelo Williams Restructures Contract
Williams was entering the third season of a five-year, $43 million contract and was scheduled to earn $5 million in cash with an $8.2 million salary cap number for 2013. Williams will still receive $5 million in cash this year, but the deal has been restructured in a way that reduces his cap number to $5 million, a cap savings of $3.2 million that leaves the team $8.46 million under their adjusted 2013 salary cap number of $126.232 million.
Williams was scheduled to earn $4.75 million in non-guaranteed base salary with a $250,000 workout bonus this season. Under the renegotiated contract, Williams' base salary was lowered to $850,000 and his workout bonus reduced to $150,000. The remaining $4 million was converted to a signing bonus, which will be prorated against the Panthers' cap at $800,000 per season through 2017.
The real cash savings for the Panthers occurs in 2014 and 2015. Full Article
Deangelo Williams Carolina Panthers runningback