Latest Panthers Topics
- Panthers checking out more OL Depth
- Panthers claim OT Jonathan Martin
- Current Panthers Receiver Depth Chart
- Gettleman; "Me and Greg Jennings sort of kicked the tires and discussed if he would be a good fit."
- Maine's 2015 Mock Draft (Comp. Picks Included)
- [RUMOR] Falcons to lose 2nd round pick
- Cam Newton's feelings on the Offseason
- What would you do if John Fox and the Bears made the playoffs with Jimmy Clausen as QB?
- Rivera would like to see Cam signed long-term before 2015 season
- Jarrett Boykin Info
Deangelo Williams Restructures Contract
Williams was entering the third season of a five-year, $43 million contract and was scheduled to earn $5 million in cash with an $8.2 million salary cap number for 2013. Williams will still receive $5 million in cash this year, but the deal has been restructured in a way that reduces his cap number to $5 million, a cap savings of $3.2 million that leaves the team $8.46 million under their adjusted 2013 salary cap number of $126.232 million.
Williams was scheduled to earn $4.75 million in non-guaranteed base salary with a $250,000 workout bonus this season. Under the renegotiated contract, Williams' base salary was lowered to $850,000 and his workout bonus reduced to $150,000. The remaining $4 million was converted to a signing bonus, which will be prorated against the Panthers' cap at $800,000 per season through 2017.
The real cash savings for the Panthers occurs in 2014 and 2015. Full Article
Deangelo Williams Carolina Panthers runningback