Latest Panthers Topics
- Was beating Atlanta worth dropping 17 selections in the draft?
- Per league sources, NFL Draft has 16-19 top players; "20th pick same as 50th pick"
- on paper, our new RB Jordan Todman is an upgrade over Fozzy
- Panthers top 5 draft targets
- A Message From Kony Ealy
- My Ultimate BPA Pipe-Dream 1-5 Round Mock Draft
- The Falcons explanation seems a little odd
- JAC RB Jordan Todman signed
- Rashad Greene
- Panthers worked out Randy Gregory
Deangelo Williams Restructures Contract
Williams was entering the third season of a five-year, $43 million contract and was scheduled to earn $5 million in cash with an $8.2 million salary cap number for 2013. Williams will still receive $5 million in cash this year, but the deal has been restructured in a way that reduces his cap number to $5 million, a cap savings of $3.2 million that leaves the team $8.46 million under their adjusted 2013 salary cap number of $126.232 million.
Williams was scheduled to earn $4.75 million in non-guaranteed base salary with a $250,000 workout bonus this season. Under the renegotiated contract, Williams' base salary was lowered to $850,000 and his workout bonus reduced to $150,000. The remaining $4 million was converted to a signing bonus, which will be prorated against the Panthers' cap at $800,000 per season through 2017.
The real cash savings for the Panthers occurs in 2014 and 2015. Full Article
Deangelo Williams Carolina Panthers runningback