Latest Panthers Topics
- Panthers meeting with Landon Collins
- What if Mel Kiper was GM of the Panthers? Three Round Mock
- Brews and Bruhs - Now Open
- Championship Round! Greatest Fanbase! Vote d'mit!
- Panthers draft hat has been unveiled:
- Philly Brown 200 pounds?
- Latest mock from Will Brinson (multiple trades)
- Seahawks GM hints he'll just let Wilson walk if he doesn't lower his demanded price.
- All jokes aside. Im really starting to think all the top WRs are gone by 25.
- Proehl drops a bunch of nuggets on WFNZ 610 AM The Fan (link and summary)
Murphy was acquired via trade with the Oakland Raiders on July 23rd, for a conditional draft choice assumed to be a seventh rounder. This is his 4th NFL season.
Murphy played one season at Florida with Cam Newton, so there may be some chemistry still there. Florida's wide open sling it around offense has prepared Murphy for Chud's aggressive O.
He seems to have the right mentality to make an impact, from a recent Observer article
After mini-camp with the Raiders earlier this year, Murphy said he intends to play this season with a chip on his shoulder, believing he has something to prove after last year. He said he’s heard people questioning him and wants to answer his critics.
"I’m always going to play with a chip on my shoulder," Murphy said. "That’s just mentality and I kind of got away from that last year and doubted myself. This year I know what I’ve got to do."
Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy
Rivera knows what he has in Murphy.
Panthers coach Ron Rivera faced Murphy for two seasons as San Diego's defensive coordinator and knows he can be tough to defend. But Rivera said Murphy will be in a battle with receivers like Gettis, Kealoha Pilares, Seyi Ajirotutu and rookie Joe Adams, a fourth-round pick who'll double as the team's starting punt returner.
"We like him," Rivera said of Murphy. "He's a very capable football player, and he'll add competition to that position. We're excited about that."
After seeing him in Camp, I can tell you there is a real possibility for Murphy to push Brandon LaFell as the second receiver. It has developed into one of the more interesting camp battles. Two large SEC receivers upping the game and making the Panthers a better team in the process.
Keep an eye on 83 at Fan Fest on Saturday.