Latest Panthers Topics
- Alan Ball was offered more money by Chicago
- Why drafting a RB or defense won't solve our issues.
- Panthers Sign LB Jason Trusnik To A One-Year Deal
- Jennings tweets he's "wrapping free agency up"
- April Fools Day, The Huddle, And You
- Hot take on Cam Newton
- NFL Free Agency Update Thread
- John Fox has had success "for with less" than Jay Cutler
- Panthers worked out Randy Gregory
- Aside from scoring plays, which plays get you the most excited as a Fan?
Missed kick? No big deal.
In fact, if Medlock had hit that 50 yarder, he would have tied the RECORD long by an NFL kicker!
Unlike Three Rivers, the playing surface at Heinz Field is natural grass. The field features underground heating to help the grass survive Pittsburgh's winter climate. As a result, the field is known for its difficult kicking surface; the only field goal over 50 yards was 51 yards, kicked by Pat McAfee of the West Virginia Mountaineers during the Backyard Brawl on November 16, 2006. The NFL record for kicking is just 50 yards, set by Jeff Reed in the 2006 season. In 2006, the NFL Players Association conducted a poll in which the grass at Heinz was selected as the worst grass field in the league.
So Medlock will be fine, just fine.