Luke Kuechly Photos
Latest Panthers Topics
- Quotes from Panthers as Phase One of the offseason begins
- Who do we open the season with?
- Benjamin admits that he got tired
- What do you think NFL QBs prefer? Better weapons or better protection?
- This Devin Funchess guy...(WR Michigan)
- Why we should draft Dorial Green-Beckham
- Junior Salt works out for Panthers today
- 1st Rd OTs: When are we supposed to hold our breath?
- Hardy Files Petition to Expunge Record
- NFC South 7-round mock
Missed kick? No big deal.
In fact, if Medlock had hit that 50 yarder, he would have tied the RECORD long by an NFL kicker!
Unlike Three Rivers, the playing surface at Heinz Field is natural grass. The field features underground heating to help the grass survive Pittsburgh's winter climate. As a result, the field is known for its difficult kicking surface; the only field goal over 50 yards was 51 yards, kicked by Pat McAfee of the West Virginia Mountaineers during the Backyard Brawl on November 16, 2006. The NFL record for kicking is just 50 yards, set by Jeff Reed in the 2006 season. In 2006, the NFL Players Association conducted a poll in which the grass at Heinz was selected as the worst grass field in the league.
So Medlock will be fine, just fine.