Latest Panthers Topics
- Seahawks GM hints he'll just let Wilson walk if he doesn't lower his demanded price.
- Gurley: Ready by training camp
- Panthers draft hat has been unveiled:
- What if Mel Kiper was GM of the Panthers? Three Round Mock
- A Question brought up from IGO's latest podcast?
- Panthers meeting with Landon Collins
- Brews and Bruhs - Now Open
- A "1st Round" OT dropping to 57
- Championship Round! Greatest Fanbase! Vote d'mit!
- Philly Brown 200 pounds?
Missed kick? No big deal.
In fact, if Medlock had hit that 50 yarder, he would have tied the RECORD long by an NFL kicker!
Unlike Three Rivers, the playing surface at Heinz Field is natural grass. The field features underground heating to help the grass survive Pittsburgh's winter climate. As a result, the field is known for its difficult kicking surface; the only field goal over 50 yards was 51 yards, kicked by Pat McAfee of the West Virginia Mountaineers during the Backyard Brawl on November 16, 2006. The NFL record for kicking is just 50 yards, set by Jeff Reed in the 2006 season. In 2006, the NFL Players Association conducted a poll in which the grass at Heinz was selected as the worst grass field in the league.
So Medlock will be fine, just fine.