Luke Kuechly Photos
Latest Panthers Topics
- In Honor of Letterman: Top 10 Huddle-isms
- NFL Total Access praise Kelvin?!
- Which 3 New Additions Are You Most Excited About?
- NFL Teams Conspired to Push Painkillers
- Question for the NASCAR fans (re: Kuechly)
- Falcons fans pissed. Brunells QBs rankings
- 2011 NFL draft revisited, would you take JJ Watt over Cam?
- Thomas Davis confident Carolina is class of NFC South
- That Other Panther Receiver....Jarrett Boykin
- Kelvin has strained hamstring, may miss OTAs
Missed kick? No big deal.
In fact, if Medlock had hit that 50 yarder, he would have tied the RECORD long by an NFL kicker!
Unlike Three Rivers, the playing surface at Heinz Field is natural grass. The field features underground heating to help the grass survive Pittsburgh's winter climate. As a result, the field is known for its difficult kicking surface; the only field goal over 50 yards was 51 yards, kicked by Pat McAfee of the West Virginia Mountaineers during the Backyard Brawl on November 16, 2006. The NFL record for kicking is just 50 yards, set by Jeff Reed in the 2006 season. In 2006, the NFL Players Association conducted a poll in which the grass at Heinz was selected as the worst grass field in the league.
So Medlock will be fine, just fine.