Luke Kuechly Photos
Latest Panthers Topics
- Dion Jordan Suspended for the 2015 season
- Now open for discussion -> The Gettleman Presser Thread
- Corey Brown and Andrew Norwell
- Bleacher Report's Matt Miller rumors leading up to the draft
- Gettleman: 4-5 Left Tackles in draft, good chance we get one, WR class has more depth in later rounds
- Did you know? Cam Newton the pescatarian.
- Peter King's 1st round predictions
- Gettleman's pre-draft press conference on Tuesday
- Cam Nootin
- Medellin's Final Mock
Missed kick? No big deal.
In fact, if Medlock had hit that 50 yarder, he would have tied the RECORD long by an NFL kicker!
Unlike Three Rivers, the playing surface at Heinz Field is natural grass. The field features underground heating to help the grass survive Pittsburgh's winter climate. As a result, the field is known for its difficult kicking surface; the only field goal over 50 yards was 51 yards, kicked by Pat McAfee of the West Virginia Mountaineers during the Backyard Brawl on November 16, 2006. The NFL record for kicking is just 50 yards, set by Jeff Reed in the 2006 season. In 2006, the NFL Players Association conducted a poll in which the grass at Heinz was selected as the worst grass field in the league.
So Medlock will be fine, just fine.