Latest Panthers Topics
- Why I think Owamagbe Odighizuwa will be the pick and should be the pick.
- Charles Johnson Speaks Truth 4 Realz
- Current Panthers Receiver Depth Chart
- Panthers claim OT Jonathan Martin
- Oh Man our Special Teams are going to be so good..
- Jarrett Boykin signed to 1 year deal
- Music City Takeover
- 49ers Waive OT Jonathan Martin
- Time to Get Rid of NFL Compensatory Selections
- Jarrett Boykin Info
Missed kick? No big deal.
In fact, if Medlock had hit that 50 yarder, he would have tied the RECORD long by an NFL kicker!
Unlike Three Rivers, the playing surface at Heinz Field is natural grass. The field features underground heating to help the grass survive Pittsburgh's winter climate. As a result, the field is known for its difficult kicking surface; the only field goal over 50 yards was 51 yards, kicked by Pat McAfee of the West Virginia Mountaineers during the Backyard Brawl on November 16, 2006. The NFL record for kicking is just 50 yards, set by Jeff Reed in the 2006 season. In 2006, the NFL Players Association conducted a poll in which the grass at Heinz was selected as the worst grass field in the league.
So Medlock will be fine, just fine.