Luke Kuechly Photos
Latest Panthers Topics
- Panthers Fan Draft Reactions - In GIF form
- I would like to ask for the Huddles help.
- It Seems the Titans Had a Huge Steal
- Newest member of "The Skyline" picks his jersey number.
- Charles Tillman
- Panthers Draft Count Dooku
- Winston putting in work already!
- A thought...
- The Reason we made the trade for Devin Funchess
- Raiders cut WR James Jones
Missed kick? No big deal.
In fact, if Medlock had hit that 50 yarder, he would have tied the RECORD long by an NFL kicker!
Unlike Three Rivers, the playing surface at Heinz Field is natural grass. The field features underground heating to help the grass survive Pittsburgh's winter climate. As a result, the field is known for its difficult kicking surface; the only field goal over 50 yards was 51 yards, kicked by Pat McAfee of the West Virginia Mountaineers during the Backyard Brawl on November 16, 2006. The NFL record for kicking is just 50 yards, set by Jeff Reed in the 2006 season. In 2006, the NFL Players Association conducted a poll in which the grass at Heinz was selected as the worst grass field in the league.
So Medlock will be fine, just fine.