Latest Panthers Topics
- Seahawks GM hints he'll just let Wilson walk if he doesn't lower his demanded price.
- All jokes aside. Im really starting to think all the top WRs are gone by 25.
- Proehl drops a bunch of nuggets on WFNZ 610 AM The Fan (link and summary)
- Philly Brown 200 pounds?
- Throwing down the gauntlet, at #25 I want one of these three guys
- What if Mel Kiper was GM of the Panthers? Three Round Mock
- A "1st Round" OT dropping to 57
- Panthers draft hat has been unveiled:
- Ricky Proehl... WR coaching genius or overrated?
- JAX Trip Details
WR Steve Smith from Iraq: 'A life-changing experience'
"They showed us how they detect them and it was incredible," Smith said. "These soldiers are so brave.
"It doesn't compare to what we do [NFL players]. It's not even in the same hemisphere with sports. Nothing we do as NFL players is brave compared to these guys."
Then Smith explained he wanted to say one last thing and what he said reminded me of the combative Smith. But this was the good combative Smith.
"One of the generals told us there are thousands and thousands of soldiers here fighting for our country and they need our support," Smith said. "No matter what people thought of the war or think of it now, these soldiers need our support. So the next time anyone is protesting, just remember, they have the right to protest because of soldiers like these."