Latest Panthers Topics
- Saints trading again?
- Panthers talk to Greg Jennings
- Alan Ball signs with Bears
- Mocking the Fifth
- Football Outsiders 2015 playmaker (college WR rankings) scores
- SB Nation does not have a clue
- Time to Get Rid of NFL Compensatory Selections
- NFL Free Agency Update Thread
- The Captains - My Best Photo of the Year
- same as last year, Rivera says Cam has got to become a more sound QB
WR Steve Smith from Iraq: 'A life-changing experience'
"They showed us how they detect them and it was incredible," Smith said. "These soldiers are so brave.
"It doesn't compare to what we do [NFL players]. It's not even in the same hemisphere with sports. Nothing we do as NFL players is brave compared to these guys."
Then Smith explained he wanted to say one last thing and what he said reminded me of the combative Smith. But this was the good combative Smith.
"One of the generals told us there are thousands and thousands of soldiers here fighting for our country and they need our support," Smith said. "No matter what people thought of the war or think of it now, these soldiers need our support. So the next time anyone is protesting, just remember, they have the right to protest because of soldiers like these."