Latest Panthers Topics
- Gurley: Ready by training camp
- Brews and Bruhs - Now Open
- How Thirsty is DG for a pass rush DE?
- A "1st Round" OT dropping to 57
- Recent draft day trade "blockbusters" show just how good of a GM Gettleman is.
- We are the Greatest Fanbase eva'! Twitter says so. Thank you! The End
- Proehl drops a bunch of nuggets on WFNZ 610 AM The Fan (link and summary)
- Latest mock from Will Brinson (multiple trades)
- Panthers meeting with Landon Collins
- Why aren't we hearing more about Chris Conley?
WR Steve Smith from Iraq: 'A life-changing experience'
"They showed us how they detect them and it was incredible," Smith said. "These soldiers are so brave.
"It doesn't compare to what we do [NFL players]. It's not even in the same hemisphere with sports. Nothing we do as NFL players is brave compared to these guys."
Then Smith explained he wanted to say one last thing and what he said reminded me of the combative Smith. But this was the good combative Smith.
"One of the generals told us there are thousands and thousands of soldiers here fighting for our country and they need our support," Smith said. "No matter what people thought of the war or think of it now, these soldiers need our support. So the next time anyone is protesting, just remember, they have the right to protest because of soldiers like these."