Latest Panthers Topics
- Gettleman; "Me and Greg Jennings sort of kicked the tires and discussed if he would be a good fit."
- If it came down to Peat or Perriman....
- Jarrett Boykin Info
- Panthers Predraft Visits/Meetings and What We Can Foolishly Read From Them
- Charles Johnson Speaks Truth 4 Realz
- Rivera would like to see Cam signed long-term before 2015 season
- Ridley Nears Medical Clearance
- Just a little Sunday comedy for you guys
- The Combine: J. Jones' speculation about possible prospects, including a WR that's making some noise
- Alan Ball signs with Bears
WR Steve Smith from Iraq: 'A life-changing experience'
"They showed us how they detect them and it was incredible," Smith said. "These soldiers are so brave.
"It doesn't compare to what we do [NFL players]. It's not even in the same hemisphere with sports. Nothing we do as NFL players is brave compared to these guys."
Then Smith explained he wanted to say one last thing and what he said reminded me of the combative Smith. But this was the good combative Smith.
"One of the generals told us there are thousands and thousands of soldiers here fighting for our country and they need our support," Smith said. "No matter what people thought of the war or think of it now, these soldiers need our support. So the next time anyone is protesting, just remember, they have the right to protest because of soldiers like these."