Latest Panthers Topics
- Panthers worked out Randy Gregory
- JAC RB Jordan Todman signed
- Was beating Atlanta worth dropping 17 selections in the draft?
- Rashad Greene
- Falcons fined $350,000 and lose 2016 fifth round draft pick
- Panthers top 5 draft targets
- Schefter: Falcons discipline expected to be "severe"
- NFL Free Agency Update Thread
- One more month...
- Happy Birthday Ryan Kalil
WR Steve Smith from Iraq: 'A life-changing experience'
"They showed us how they detect them and it was incredible," Smith said. "These soldiers are so brave.
"It doesn't compare to what we do [NFL players]. It's not even in the same hemisphere with sports. Nothing we do as NFL players is brave compared to these guys."
Then Smith explained he wanted to say one last thing and what he said reminded me of the combative Smith. But this was the good combative Smith.
"One of the generals told us there are thousands and thousands of soldiers here fighting for our country and they need our support," Smith said. "No matter what people thought of the war or think of it now, these soldiers need our support. So the next time anyone is protesting, just remember, they have the right to protest because of soldiers like these."