Latest Panthers Topics
- NFL/Microsoft(XBOX ONE) Aim To Enhance Fan's TV Viewing Experience
- Woodson signs with the Raiders
- Defensive Line Competition
- is this an indication of something to come about deangelo?
- Gettlemen continues to get criticism for not bringing in a WR
- The offseason is gonna be getting longer
- Ranking the QBs (NFL.com)
- Super Bowl LI will be in Houston. Just saying...
- Who all remembers the Smash and Dash name controversy?
- Vegas Future Wins Odds
Charlotte Boudoir Photography
Charlotte Wedding Photographer
Tampa Boudoir Photography
Latest Bobcats Topics
- Ok We got the 4th Pick... Now
- Draft Lottery Thread - 8:30 EST on ESPN
- Wearing Bobcats gear now cool.
- Next Charlotte Hornet.....Can drive...Can shoot...
- Name change a big F U to Bob Johnson?
- Proudiddy is now Mod of the Hornets/NBA forums...
- Press Conference on Name Change Live on NBA TV
- Michael Jordan Press Conference Today Regarding Name Change
- PTI (Wilbon, Kornheiser) Both Love the Change to Hornets
- Vinny Del *****?
Breaking Down Steve Smith's Deal
I just got the complete details on the contract extension receiver Steve Smith signed with the Panthers on Tuesday and they’re very interesting on several levels. It’s a three-year deal with the team holding an option for the fourth year and could be worth as much as $37.8 million.
The deal includes $16.8 million in guaranteed money. Smith received a $10 million signing bonus and comes out way ahead on what he’ll earn in 2012. In addition to the signing bonus, he’ll also earn $1 million in base salary. Smith had been scheduled to earn $7.75 million in the final year of his contract. The new deal gives Smith more money, but he also frees up significant salary-cap room for the Panthers, who had less than $500,000 available before this deal.
Smith had been scheduled to count $10.7 million against the cap this year, but the new deal drops that figure to $5.96 million.
In 2013, Smith’s base salary will rise to $3.75 million and that’s guaranteed. Smith also will earn a guaranteed $4 million in base salary in 2014. That’s also the year he can collect a $3 million bonus if the Panthers elect to pick up his option for 2016.
In 2015, Smith is scheduled to make $7 million in base salary. If he gets to the option year, his base salary will rise to $9 million.
Decent deal imo.