Latest Panthers Topics
- Here's a breakdown of every county in North and South Carolina's favorite NFL team
- Pro Football Spot's FA prospects for Panthers & some of my own thoughts
- One thing to consider when talking Free Agents....
- Thomas Davis named Walter Payton Man of the Year
- J.J. Watt moving to log cabin in 'middle of nowhere' to train
- Panthers 2015 Free Agent Analyses and Predictions - Part 1
- Huddle Amazon Purchase of the Decade....
- Richard Sherman may leave before the Superbowl is over
- I keep reading that the Panthers are expected to have 14mil in cap room this off season.
- Ed Dickson to re-sign?
- Kony Ealy
- Kelvin Benjamin
- 2014 Free Agency
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- football gameplan
- Dave Gettleman
- New England Patriots
- Brandon LaFell
- greg hardy
- St Louis Rams
- Colin Kaepernick
- Mock draft
- Jon Beason
- carolina panthers
- Deangelo Williams
- 2014 Draft
- Fantasy Football
- NFL playoffs
- Josh Norman
- training camp
- NFL Draft
- Cam Newton
- NC State
- Steve Smith
- Luke Kuechly
- Ron Rivera
- Free Agency
- Atlanta Falcons
- Arizona Cardinals
- New Orleans Saints
Espn's Ten Best Players Returning From Injury (Beason Disagrees)
1. Matt Schaub (Houston Texans)
2. Fred Jackson (Buffalo Bills)
3. Peyton Manning (Denver Broncos)
4. Eric Berry (Kansas City Chiefs)
5. Jay Cutler (Chicago Bears)
6. Andre Johnson (Houston Texans)
7. Mario Williams (Buffalo Bills)
8. JON BEASON (Carolina Panthers)
9. Jamaal Charles (Kansas City Chiefs)
10. Adrian Peterson (Minnesota Vikings)
Jon Beason, LB, Carolina: Quarterback Cam Newton may have hearts a flutter in Carolina, but the return of Beason should have people excited as well. He made three Pro Bowls in his first four seasons. He's been the leader of the Panthers' defense since his arrival as the 25th overall pick in the 2007 draft.
And when he tore his left Achilles tendon in last year's season opener, his absence factored heavily into the Panthers' fielding a defense that ranked 28th in the league in total defense and 27th in points allowed. The addition of linebacker Luke Kuechly, the Panthers' first-round pick, will help that unit. The return of Beason will mean even more.
Impact: Beason returns to the Pro Bowl. Carolina's defense won't be dominant, but it won't be awful, either.
In regards to the Panthers defense not being dominant, Beason tweeted the following...
Just brought to my attention. Not dominant? Lol, yeah right.http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7959660&e=RAD