Latest Panthers Topics
- Rivera: Panthers' new offense will be more of a collaberative effort
- Who are the hidden gems on our roster?
- Scathing article about Beason and his contract
- Ranking the QBs (NFL.com)
- NFL.com's top 100 plays
- This guy breaks down our draft perfectly...almost. Must read the Huddle.
- Gettlemen continues to get criticism for not bringing in a WR
- Seattle's Bruce Irvin suspended for 4 games
- 2013 Panthers Mount Rushmore
- Poor Clausen
Charlotte Boudoir Photography
Charlotte Wedding Photographer
Tampa Boudoir Photography
Latest Bobcats Topics
- Trade Scenario?
- Looks like the Hornets are officially back!
- Bobcats/Hornets Interview Ben McLemore, Kelly Olynyk, Michael Carter-Williams, and Otto Porter At The Combine
- More Names Being Thrown Around (Bobcats Coaching Search Thread)
- According to article Oden looks amazing. Worth shot?
- 2nd pick in the draft nets us 8th top rookie
- Who is your top Draft choice?
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist The Right Pick?
- Chris Paul?
- NBA Legal analyst says Bobcats soon to be Hornets again
Justin Blackmon To Visit Panthers
Blackmon's draft stock has been on a steady rise for two years, and the two-time Biletnikoff Award winner has built a resume worthy of a top-10 pick in the 2012 draft.
With former Cowboys star receiver Dez Bryant off to play for the Dallas Cowboys, Blackmon stepped into the void as a redshirt sophomore -- and quickly stepped out of Bryant's immense shadow. Blackmon earned multiple All-American honors and was the Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year. It was the first time in 12 years a non-quarterback earned the title.
Blackmon redshirted his first season in Stillwater, but came on as the team's most productive newcomer in 2009. His 20 receptions covered 260 yards and two touchdowns, helping to overcome the loss of Bryant to NCAA suspension for lying to investigators.
He lit up opponents consistently in '10 with 111 receptions for 1,782 yards and 20 touchdowns. Blackmon gained over 100 yards receiving and at least one touchdown in all 12 games in which he played in 2010, including 5-157-2 against a tough Nebraska squad (playing against top CB Prince Amukamara) and 9-172-2 in the team's 36-10 dismantling of Arizona in the Alamo Bowl.
Blackmon didn't let up in 2011, accumulating 113 catches for 1,337 yards and 15 touchdowns during the regular season in helping the Cowboys earn a trip to the Fiesta Bowl.
Scouts are a bit dubious about Blackmon, however, wondering if he will end up more like former OSU stud receivers Adarius Bowman or Rashaun Woods than like Bryant. His midseason DUI arrest in 2010 will not help his character grade. However, even with average speed for his size, his strength and hands should make him a solid value as a steady, if not elite, lead receiver.