Latest Panthers Topics
- is this an indication of something to come about deangelo?
- Quentin Jammer
- Gettlemen continues to get criticism for not bringing in a WR
- Did G-man jump the gun a little too soon in FA? I realize hindsight is always 20:20.
- NFL.com Ranks Cam as 12th Best QB
- Who all remembers the Smash and Dash name controversy?
- Defensive Line Competition
- NFL/Microsoft(XBOX ONE) Aim To Enhance Fan's TV Viewing Experience
- OTAs Start Tomorrow for the Carolina Panthers
- Poor Clausen
Charlotte Boudoir Photography
Charlotte Wedding Photographer
Tampa Boudoir Photography
Latest Bobcats Topics
- Next Charlotte Hornet.....Can drive...Can shoot...
- Ok We got the 4th Pick... Now
- Draft Lottery Thread - 8:30 EST on ESPN
- Western Conference Finals - Memphis Grizzlies (5) vs. San Antonio Spurs (2)
- All aboard the Alex Len bandwagon.
- More Names Being Thrown Around (Hornets Coaching Search Thread)
- Hornets NBA Draft News Thread
- Eastern Conference Finals Thread. (1) Miami vs (3) Indiana
- Shabazz Muhammad Bandwagon
- Proudiddy is now Mod of the Hornets/NBA forums...
Missed kick? No big deal.
In fact, if Medlock had hit that 50 yarder, he would have tied the RECORD long by an NFL kicker!
Unlike Three Rivers, the playing surface at Heinz Field is natural grass. The field features underground heating to help the grass survive Pittsburgh's winter climate. As a result, the field is known for its difficult kicking surface; the only field goal over 50 yards was 51 yards, kicked by Pat McAfee of the West Virginia Mountaineers during the Backyard Brawl on November 16, 2006. The NFL record for kicking is just 50 yards, set by Jeff Reed in the 2006 season. In 2006, the NFL Players Association conducted a poll in which the grass at Heinz was selected as the worst grass field in the league.
So Medlock will be fine, just fine.