Latest Panthers Topics
- Carolina Panther .gif Requests and Archives
- Hixon excited about fresh start in Carolina
- Carolina Panthers’ Greg Hardy leaner, just as mean in 2013
- Veteran corners make impression with Panthers
- What will it take for Rivera to Save his Job?
- Completely baseless speculation by me - how to fix our WR issue
- rivera comments on OTAs so far...and updates on today
- Carolina Panthers select G Edmund Kugbila
- Carolina Panther card/memorbilla/auto's collectors...
- LOL Steve Smith would be a good WWE Star
Charlotte Boudoir Photography
Charlotte Wedding Photographer
Tampa Boudoir Photography
Latest Bobcats Topics
- How ugly is this forum
- All aboard the Alex Len bandwagon.
- Draft Lottery Thread - 8:30 EST on ESPN
- Shabazz Muhammad Bandwagon
- Oladipo at #4?
- Alexander Julian: "I'd Like To Design New Hornets Unifroms"
- Dear Hornets
- I was at the press conf and at "The Hive" yesterday...
- Ok We got the 4th Pick... Now
- Daryl Morey's (Rockets GM) Most Moronic Answers To His Interview Questions
Scout On Dontari Poe: He Didn’t Do Anything
The excitement from Dontari Poe’s phenomenal Scouting Combine performance is starting to fade in the eyes of many league observers, who are turning their attention back to Poe’s tape — and not liking what they’re seeing.
Poe, the Memphis defensive tackle who took the Combine by storm by running a 4.87-second 40-yard dash at 346 pounds and bench-pressing 225 pounds 44 times, does not impress many of those who have watched him play.
“He’ll be overdrafted,” one personnel man told the Times of Trenton. “He did all of that at the Combine, so some team will take him way higher than he should go. I mean watch him play, just watch. He didn’t do anything. And he wasn’t playing at a very high level, either. All I know is he had one sack last year and it came against Austin Peay. You probably didn’t even know Austin Peay had a football team.”
When Poe announced in December that he was entering the NFL draft, he said he’d been told he projected as a second-rounder who could move into the first round with a good Combine. Poe didn’t have a good Combine — he had a great Combine — and he started being discussed as a Top 5 pick.
So those who watched him bench press and run 40 yards in a straight line are more impressed than those who watched him play football. That’s not a good sign.
Do not want. If we HAVE to take a DT then take a Jerel Worthy or Brandon Thompson in the 2nd.