It is that time again ladies and gents! Time for the more casual Carolina Panthers fans to head to Bank of America Stadium and get a sneak peek of the 2013 Panthers.This Saturday you can head down to the stadium, partake in fun activities and watch a full practice and mini scrimmage for free inside of Bank of America Stadium. It really is a great deal for die hard Panthers fans.
You can find the official Panthers information on Fan Fest here
Saturday, August 3rd
7:30 a.m. Blue 5k
1:00 p.m. Catwalk/Ticket Office open
2:00 p.m. Stadium Gates/Team Store open
2:50 p.m. Premiere of 2012 highlight video - "Pounding to the Finish"
3:14 p.m. Welcome
3:16 p.m. TopCats performance
3:19 p.m. Sir Purr performance
3:21 p.m. PurrCussion performance
3:30 p.m. Catwalk closes
3:40 p.m. Practice begins
5:15 p.m. Practice ends
Here are a few tips that you won't find on the Panthers Official Page:
- Autographs are signed after practice. The players roam the field signing whatever fans bring along the first row of the stadium. Every year, the home side of the stadium gets more attention, the closer to the home locker room entrance the better. Get there early to grab a great first row seat.
- If you are not interested in autographs, get there early for the shaded seats. It will be extremely hot sitting out in the sun, many fans don't make it to the end of practice due to this rookie mistake. Grab a beer, find some shade, and you are golden.
- Bring a camera. Most folks will never be able to sit in a first row seat at Bank of America Stadium. You will have an excellent view, especially from the west end zone seats. The Panthers typically run a mini scrimmage that direction. Hopefully, the offense sees a good bit of end zone action.
- Be sure to get there early for appearances by the Topcats and Sir Purr out near the north stadium entrance.
- Fan Fest is very family friendly. It is a perfect time to gauge how your little ones will do at an actual game if you are on the fence about bringing them. Fan Fest is a great way to test their football attention span without spending a dime.