Espn's Ten Best Players Returning From Injury (Beason Disagrees)
Full Article: http://espn.go.com/n...asons-shortened
1. Matt Schaub (Houston Texans)
2. Fred Jackson (Buffalo Bills)
3. Peyton Manning (Denver Broncos)
4. Eric Berry (Kansas City Chiefs)
5. Jay Cutler (Chicago Bears)
6. Andre Johnson (Houston Texans)
7. Mario Williams (Buffalo Bills)
8. JON BEASON (Carolina Panthers)
9. Jamaal Charles (Kansas City Chiefs)
10. Adrian Peterson (Minnesota Vikings)
Jon Beason, LB, Carolina: Quarterback Cam Newton may have hearts a flutter in Carolina, but the return of Beason should have people excited as well. He made three Pro Bowls in his first four seasons. He's been the leader of the Panthers' defense since his arrival as the 25th overall pick in the 2007 draft.
And when he tore his left Achilles tendon in last year's season opener, his absence factored heavily into the Panthers' fielding a defense that ranked 28th in the league in total defense and 27th in points allowed. The addition of linebacker Luke Kuechly, the Panthers' first-round pick, will help that unit. The return of Beason will mean even more.
Impact: Beason returns to the Pro Bowl. Carolina's defense won't be dominant, but it won't be awful, either.
In regards to the Panthers defense not being dominant, Beason tweeted the following...