Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stirs

Manziel Not Impressing

Thanks for continuing to prove my point.

Riiiight :lol:

Let's be clear: I'm only bothering to respond here because I'm mildly amused.  Well that, and I wonder what Manziel is to you that you can become borderline irrational when people criticize him :wacko:

It's football dude, hence it's not something that stirs my emotions in simple discussion, but you talk about Manziel as if people disliking him is some kind of personal wounding to you.  Makes me wonder why it's such a huge deal in your head.  Only thing I can figure is maybe you're just a teenage kid so everything is more dramatic. Doesn't make much sense otherwise.

Who knows? :unsure:

And please don't give me some stupid response like "no, you're the one it's important to" because it's not.  Football talk is just fun for me, not life and death.  You on the other hand, take it waaaaayyyy too seriously.

Irony upon irony :lol:

Really? How am I deflecting? This has always been about you and your bias towards a kid. Trying to call me a teenager and making this about why I'm making a big deal about this(which I'm not) is pure deflection and you have yet to add anything worth value to the argument. I'm not sure you really understand half the things you say.

Which is surprising because all you've been saying is

"Ha still clueless I see"

"Still don't get it"

Yet not explain what "it" is at all. Don't bother mentioning me again.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Another way to put it:

Some QBs seem like they can grasp and really wrap themselves around the game...

It's one of those obvious things you see translated in how they look on the field and it looks like the game is wrapping this Manziel fellow instead.    

Me thinks Johnny Football or Johnny Punk as I love to call him, will be a flop. Not just on the field but off it. Guy is so full of himself!

Mr. Scot, your valiant efforts are to be commended, but there's no way of getting through to Coolin'. I gave up.

Had some time to kill :lol:

Manziel strikes me as what you'd get if you put Ryan Leaf's brain in Chad Pennington's body.

Yeah, it's possible he could succeed in the NFL.  Heck, it's possible the Raiders could win back to back Super Bowls in the next two years :blink:

I just have trouble seeing it :unsure:

Mike Pettine really needs to let go of his confirmation bias. It's obvious this guy just does not like and appreciate Manziel the way he should. There's absolutely no way a guy they said from the get-go would be the starter could actually be named the starter.

This is all about confirmation bias. If you like Johnny this doesn't bother you. If you didn't like him to begin with you are going to jump all over him for this and anything else that he does.

We love when guys show emotion except for when it's someone or some emotion we don't like. Give this guy a break. If you don't like him don't watch him.

i guess i'm jumping in on this late, but the reason your argument is flawed is because what's right and proper is defined by what everyone else does in a specific context, not the abstract nature of the thing. in other words, yes, flipping the middle finger is NBD in a vacuum. it's just a gesture. but normality and acceptability of an action is defined by what other people do, and in the NFL you won't see anybody flicking off the opposing team's bench, at least not in the flagrant manner manziel did. because of this greater context, manziel's behavior was deviant, and he got nailed for it, just like other players do when performing deviant actions on the field.

i can personally attest that arguing with mr scot is one of the most infuriating things anyone can possibly do, but i think he's right on this one.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    allsattamatka

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I would be ok with this but they have to take back at least MKG and Biz.  Them taking Batum would be amazing but I doubt they do that. Them saving 30 mill after this season has to be appealing
    • https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/24/trump-evangelical-christian-support-056121 A lengthy study released this week by the Public Religion Research Institute offers other clues about the current state of Trump’s relationship with white evangelical voters, as well as why it could change between now and Election Day. In striking terms, the survey captures just how substantial the president’s support is among white evangelicals: 99 percent of GOP-leaning white evangelical Protestants oppose impeaching and removing Trump from office and 63 percent say he has done nothing to damage the dignity of the presidency, separating them from majorities across all other major religious groups that said he has. ------------------------------------------------------------------ https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/03/18/evangelical-approval-of-trump-remains-high-but-other-religious-groups-are-less-supportive/ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I rest my case.
    • We are probably offering Biz and MKG.. 2 expiring contracts.. might have to throw in Monk and take back a scrub.. For the record - I don't know if I would do anything like this because it occupies a lot of cap space we would have to work with.. but next years FA class is garbage and it's not like we would net any of the top prospects.. if we can manage to throw in Batum instead of Biz or MKG - I would do it in a heart beat. Maybe Zeller and MKG?? or Batum and Monk??   EVERYBODY TO THE TRADEMACHINE!!!
  • Masters of PIE !