Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stirs

Manziel Not Impressing

Panther fans are rather protective of Luck and Manziel. Interesting!

The same can't be said of RG3 and Geno Smith. Don't fit the bill, I guess

Whats so crazy is theres 12 pages of Johnny manziel on the carolina huddle

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Meh. I'll say the same for him that I said for Cam, Luck, etc... If they have an awesome season great, but if you approach the situation fairly, all you can really expect from a rookie QB is somewhat consistant flashes of brilliance.

The same can't be said of RG3 and Geno Smith. Don't fit the bill, I guess

Sorry. Wrong.

There was a pretty extensive discussion - and defense - of Geno Smith prior to last year's draft. I'm a fan of his because I'm a big WVU homer. Sadly, he had the misfortune of going to the Jets, so who knows what'll happen there? I hope he succeeds, but that team is a dumpster fire.

RG3 has defenders on here too, though not as many. The general consensus is that he's a track guy playing football. Most believe his body won't take the pounding and he'll be out of the game after a relatively short career.

On the flipside, I'm not a fan of Manziel at all. I just know enough about football to be smarter than to make long term judgments based on a couple of days minicamp when a guy is a rookie.

What is this Manziel kid, Gohan(DBZ) or something? People have to cause him pain in order to perform. This ain't a movie, dawg!

lol Nope. Manziel's known to be really competitive. It's not that he won't be competitive if they don't say anything, but I think it's fine to give him a little extra motivation. I think the huddle's really overreacting to what this GM has said. I think it's fine what he said.

Whats so crazy is theres 12 pages of Johnny manziel on the carolina huddle

What I love is that the people who want to whine about how much attention other quarterbacks get are just about always the ones who start threads about them on here. And then they complain when people talk.

It's pretty goofy :lol:

Guest Irv

why is their 8 pages of a thread about johnny manziel on a panther forum?

lol Nope. Manziel's known to be really competitive. It's not that he won't be competitive if they don't say anything, but I think it's fine to give him a little extra motivation. I think the huddle's really overreacting to what this GM has said. I think it's fine what he said.

The Cleveland front office has been trying pretty hard to shut down the Manziel hype and minimize fan expectations.

It's pretty rare that I say this, but I actually think the Browns are handling this the right way.

meanwhile, in Minnesota:

"Teddy Bridgewater has been so impressive over the course of his first few days in Minnesota that coach Mike Zimmer has already stated that Teddy will get some first team reps during the Vikings' organized team activities, which begin May 28.

Bridgewater has impressed the staff with his ability to pick up the Minnesota offense, and with his dedication in the film room.

Several Vikings coaches, including Zimmer, also have been impressed with Bridgewater's mental preparation and his ability to quickly learn the team's offensive terminology. "It's not like, 'Hey, I'm throwing an out now,' " Zimmer said. "He would say the whole formation, the whole play, what it's on and go from there, just repeat it as he goes. That was impressive."

After all, this is a football forum, and Manziel is Johnny Football.

The Huddle wouldn't be the Huddle without a thread devoted to the greatness or "suckiness" of  the next big thing at QB.

USA Today: Bridgewater on Cleveland: 'That's not the place where I wanted to be'

NBCSports.com: Teddy Bridgewater: Cleveland wasn't where I wanted to be

Bridgewater said on the Dan Patrick Show that he’s thrilled to play for the Vikings, more so than he would have been with the Browns. “I actually told my agent that that’s not the place where I wanted to be,” Bridgewater said of Cleveland.

lol Browns

meanwhile, in Minnesota:

"Teddy Bridgewater has been so impressive over the course of his first few days in Minnesota that coach Mike Zimmer has already stated that Teddy will get some first team reps during the Vikings' organized team activities, which begin May 28.

Bridgewater has impressed the staff with his ability to pick up the Minnesota offense, and with his dedication in the film room.

Several Vikings coaches, including Zimmer, also have been impressed with Bridgewater's mental preparation and his ability to quickly learn the team's offensive terminology. "It's not like, 'Hey, I'm throwing an out now,' " Zimmer said. "He would say the whole formation, the whole play, what it's on and go from there, just repeat it as he goes. That was impressive."

Good to hear. I'd love to see him succeed.

Still too early to know anything for sure there either, of course. Nobody has any doubts about Bridgewater's brains (that I've seen anyway). There are questions about whether his body is up to taking an NFL pounding.

Sorry. Wrong.

There was a pretty extensive discussion - and defense - of Geno Smith prior to last year's draft. I'm a fan of his because I'm a big WVU homer. Sadly, he had the misfortune of going to the Jets, so who knows what'll happen there? I hope he succeeds, but that team is a dumpster fire.

RG3 has defenders on here too, though not as many. The general consensus is that he's a track guy playing football. Most believe his body won't take the pounding and he'll be out of the game after a relatively short career.

On the flipside, I'm not a fan of Manziel at all. I just know enough about football to be smarter than to make long term judgments based on a couple of days minicamp when a guy is a rookie.

you should try to hide your racism more, some posters are picking up on it.....ssshhhhhhhhh....