• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stirs

Manziel Not Impressing

Manziel could be a good QB in the NFL, but his chances of doing so are greatly, greatly reduced by playing for the Cleveland Browns. And no poo, a 6 year veteran (Hoyer) is performing better than a rookie? WOW that is insightful.

I hope the best for the guy - he doesn't deserve to be castrated before he's even played a single game. This is ridiculous.

I think he'll be lousy

But it's absolutely too soon to know for sure. That's not even a question.

At this point, frankly I'm bored with the whole discussion. It's not like there's anything concrete to judge by yet Its all just a whole lot of back and forth speculation.

Jimmy was ahead of Cam too.

Did our GM say Jimmy was ahead of Cam by a substantial margin?

Browns coach Mike Pettine today to ESPN:

on Manziel:

“First of all, I don’t think we’ve ever said we don’t want him running around. We’re going to put him in situations where he can execute an offense that will give us the best chance to win,” Pettine said.

“We’re going to take advantage of his mobility. You don’t take a guy that’s made a living being a mobile quarterback and tell him all of a sudden he has to be a statue. When he’s in there, and we have actually things set for him in a game plan, there’ll be things to take advantage of things he can do with his feet.”

note that the Brown's new offensive coordinator is Kyle Shanahan, who ran a read-option offense the last two years with RGIII at the Redskins

also, earlier this month the new Redskins coach, Jay Gruden, says he is going away from the read-option, and RGIII said he is ‘all for’ the reduction of the read option in the Redskins offense

Gruden was asked about the use of the read option in Washington’s offense next season:

“We’ll have sprinkles here and there. It’s not going to be a major part. I want to make sure that we have other things that we can do besides the read option, because it takes a toll. You have to practice it a lot to be very good at it. It kind of takes away from the defense’s ability a little bit, it takes away from other plays that you need to work on, your protection schemes, your running game, all that stuff. It just takes away from that. So we want to make sure that we work on the core running game that we have, the core drop-back passes we have. And then once we get going, we get those implemented, maybe sprinkle in some read option.”

Asked how he felt about the read option in only “sprinkles,” RGIII is in support of it:

“It’s coach’s decision,” he said Thursday on NFL Network . “Last year we ran it a lot. If he wants to use a sprinkle, a dash, whatever he decides, that’s his take, and I’m all for it.

“I know guys like myself have used that attack our whole careers, so it’s part of our game. At the same time, it’s not like we live and die by it.”

A. They latch on those guys so not to make it obvious. I wouldn't imagine the media would continue bashing on Wilson and RG3 in such a, (as per Charles Barkley) 'black sport' in this modern era.

135329226_conspiracy_answer_1_xlarge.jpe

And I seriously doubt anybody here 'hates' RG3. They just don't think he's that good.

Maybe that's enough to constitute 'hate' in your mind, but most of us don't take it that seriously.

Unfortunately there are quite a few people here who take it seriously enough to openly mock him about his injury from his rookie year.

I cannot imagine that you have not seen the "RGknee" comments.

Unfortunately there are quite a few people here who take it seriously enough to openly mock him about his injury from his rookie year.

If ridiculing someone for suffering a possible career injury is not hate don't know what is.

as a passer, Pettine said of Manziel:

“It’s just tough for him now being in, as we’ve already referred to it, his infant stages where he’s just trying to learn the book,” head coach Mike Pettine said. “It’s hard to even take reps."

“I think a lot of it’s the mental part of it, he’s more worried about getting the formation right, making sure the motion is correct, and he’s got the cadence,” Pettine said. “Then, he’s got to worry about where guys are. Being good mechanically takes a back seat to learning the system first. I think you see over the maturation process, once all that stuff becomes second nature, that he’ll be a lot more comfortable.”

usatsi_7921950_221200_lowres.jpg?w=640&h

johnny-manziel-at-rookie-minicamp-312983

johnny_manziel_browns_jersey_switch_by_b

I've seen them, but my understanding of that was always as a comment on his fragility, not any desire to see him hurt again.

If you think differently, I'd say ask someone who calls him that how they mean it.

I think they realize the only way they can get Manziel on the field is to use that. What's missing is that Manziel was never a read-option QB. His bread and butter was standing 10 seconds behind that stout OL and then run 10 yards backward and then heave it to a college type wide open receiver. He won't be able to do that in the NFL because nobody's open in the NFL. They really gonna get that kid killed. 4.68 speed is slow in the NFL.

Your tinfoil hat is wrapped a little too tight.

And talking about 'common sense' after some of the stuff you've posted here... :lol:

Regular season can't come quicker, the Manziel stories are getting annoying. 

I hope they dont burn neutralize what makes him special with all this extra bs they pulling. ..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app